Posts by raeltheduke

Still waiting for someone to upload Tonight Tonight Tonight video :(

You can watch the whole show here, my buddy Mike went to the UK to see the tour opener! :)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Another idea:

On those city/show threads it would be nice for fans to post pre-show gatherings for each of those cities.

I had such experiences with Yesfans in the USA and Canada, those were very nice experiences getting to meet and have a cool one before the shows. We also did this for the Marillion weekend events.

Just sharing an idea that would be a nice icebreaker and social appetizer before the shows.

I've ordered a few CDs (mostly reissues) that are waiting in the queue to be played:

GTR (with live extra cd), Greenslade (2 albums), Marillion (live at RAH 2 cd), Apocalypse live in Rio, Arena The Visitor live, John Lennon Power to the people, the Kinks Lola vs the powerman and moneygoround to name a few.

Been trying to play the whole 26 CDs of the King Crimson 1969 box but it's not a quick listen.

Going by the latest Covid reports, the US leg of the North American tour seems quite certain.

Sadly, I can't say the same for the Canadian leg where we have a vaccine shortage, low % of vaccinations, many provinces still in lockdown like here in Atlantic Canada and worst of all, the mandatory 14 day quarantine rule to enter Canada is a huge barrier.

I just hope I get the chance to see the Montreal shows in November that is still a long way in the future but I must remain optimistic and with a positive mind looking at the numbers improving.

Hey Rael. I have one of those Lamb shows too. It’s from West Palm Beach Fl, January ‘75. I got it off of Amazon too. It’s a bootleg, I’m assuming?

Yeah, but a better than average boot. I just noticed yesterday that there is another one from the Toronto Lamb show called "Back in Toronto/1974" but have not heard it yet, too pricey on Amazon for a boot.

From 78-83 when Genesis were recording new albums followed by tours, they would start the show by playing a song from the previous tour/album. I can say that for the 1980 Duke tour started with Deep in the motherload from 1978 that was really cool. The same thing happened in 1981 during the Abacab tour they opened with Behind the lines from the 1980 Duke tour that was just as cool. And in 1983 Mama tour they played ABACAB as the opener from the previous album as well!

For the 1982 Three sides live tour opened with Dance on a Volcano that broke that trend. But also, that there was no studio album to promote.

But now it is a whole different approach especially since 14 years have passed. But if the stars align, Dance on a Volcano would be a perfect opener :)

Following up on my previous post about my 10 Genesis concerts which I was fortunate to have seen, the ones I would loved to also have seen were the Reunion concert of 1982, anything from the 1977 Seconds out and the 1978 Mirrors tours :(

This ticket sale happened under very special circumstances in our lives:

during an extended concert draught going on 14 months, after a 14 year absence from live shows by a not-so-young band and during a difficult financial period for many fans.

That said, I am surprised that ticket prices are so high for the North American shows that are cost prohibitive for the majority and will leave many out in the cold.

However, it is your own prerogative to go or stay home, no one forces you to spend $800 or more on a ticket. But some bands have lower priced general admission ticket policies made available but to do this in an arena, is difficult to do. I think that it would have been more feasible and practical to schedule one stadium date instead of two nights in an arena like Genesis did in 2007 in Europe, Montreal and the Meadowlands, NJ for example. Then, cheaper tickets could have been made available for fans who can't afford the expensive ones. Just saying...

One last thing: those of us fortunate to have a steady income and extra cash stashed aside and have not spent any of it on concerts or travel for so long, now have certain flexibility to spend it on a more-than-normal price to see Genesis. I am one of the lucky fans who took advantage of this opportunity to once again see the band live - maybe for the very last time I might add. :)

Got OK tickets for the Toronto show. I was behind 2000 people for the presale, so not a surprise. I wasn't going to pay the giant bucks for the VIP seats, of which there were some still available for floor seats within the first few rows.

And I got mine for the Montreal concert. Very excited!!

I was also behind 2000 people that blew my mind and was even thinking that I wasn't going to get anything by the time I was up to buy. But no! I got front row seats on the lower 200 bowl the facing stage (at $200 each). I did not consider floor tickets since I am not a tall guy and hate standing up for 2 hours on the floor having paid premium price!

But I'm very happy; as it says, my phone is my my ticket - now that sure is high tech! :)

Nic has an American accent, not British? I thought he was a British guy.

I don't agree with him saying that as long as he can play the album versions with one drummer (he forgets the multi-track) is the same as live. Not true, in a live setting you have an audience who will feedback and loudly respond to drumming duos and the incredible sound. Not just a single guy, never the same dude.

By the title of the tour, they will not skip material from Invisible touch (which is my least favorite album).

It's been a long time and overdue that they play:

Abacab, Dodo Lurker, Deep in the motherload, Burning rope, Eleventh Earl of mar, One for the vine, In that quiet earth and squonk. I could add more but those have a significant meaning in Genesis history more than just the 80's hits.

It would not hurt to get Duke's travels too :)