Posts by FeelItComing

It's always the same - when you announce a Genesis show, you can do an hour of solo stuff. When you announce to play the complete Seconds Out, even less.

To be fair: Steve alwyas did play solo tracks from the last 4 albums during these Genesis-related shows but how wonderful would that be if he did a pure solo show.

Well yes, when you put it like that. I know what he's doing and why he's doing it, and still hope to see it next year after two postponements.

I DVR’d “Who’s Afraid of Virginia Wolf” off of Turner Classic Movies the other night. It’ll be the next one I watch. I saw it once before. It is without a doubt the most intense movie I’ve ever seen. I highly recommend it. Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor at their best. At the risk of sounding like an old fart (I turn 60 on September 30) they just don’t make ‘em like that anymore.

People who think Elizabeth Taylor was just a beauty queen have never seen Virginia Woolf. It could be argued that neither of them fully lived up to their talent but they did in this film. I also love their Taming Of The Shrew.

Cool mixture there! We Can't Dance gets precious little love around here and I feel bad for it as it was really my induction album for Genesis. I was 10 and my trusty walkman and WCD cassette were a solid foundation for me.

What would an Abacab/WCD tracklist look like?

I am no good at this and I am dreadful at sequencing. However:

Abacab

No Son Of Mine

Jesus He Knows Me

Keep It Dark

Driving The Last Spike

Dodo/Lurker

I Can't Dance

No Reply At All

Dreaming While You Sleep

Me And Sarah Jane

Man On The Corner

Fading Lights

If there was a CD with a bonus track it would be Living Forever. For some reason I think this would work. I am well aware that WCD isn't loved but it's 'my'album and always has been.

Maybe DTLS & Dodo/Lurker should not be together but I couldn't leave either of them out.

I know you're right about both Barre & Anderson. But Don Felder with what now calls itself 'Eagles'? He's better off out of it. What originally happened with his firing was unpleasant, but I took Frey & Henley's side at the time. Now that Frey is no longer with us and Henley still persists with the sham, it tends to confirm Felder's views. Anyway....

Regarding Fleetwood Mac I saw them with Buckingham, and had an entire song which he played directly to me (ironically it was the Stevie Nicks solo song Stand Back). I cherish the memory, bizarre though it was. I have also seen the new lineup with Neil Finn & Mike Campbell and I enjoyed it for what it was worth. They are better with Buckingham.

Rolling Stone does this stuff & then wonders why people laugh at it. I was going to express some astonishment at how low some songs were ranked (never mind Solsbury Hill). When I got to Help! at 447 I realised it was pointless. A Day In The Life only at 24, Stairway To Heaven only at 61. Just one Dire Straits song would have been nice, but there you are.

Having now seen the documentary I can't be objective about it in any way. The buildup was very tense. By the time they got to Mama & I was wondering if Phil could pull it off I was practically in tears (of pride and mixed emotions, not sadness). Mama is supposed to be tense and uncertain, and that's how it was. I liked how Land Of Confusion was even darker than before, but I was less sure about That's All, a song I worship. The biggest surprise for me was that it will be the full version of Domino. By this point Phil was really into it. He will never be who he was, but he can still do it. For those who thought Mike & Tony won't do harmonies, Mike had a mic (!) and I thought the backing singers were fine. It was also weird hearing Nic talk in an American accent. I thought the sound & lighting looked superb. To those of you who are going, just enjoy it.

Personally I'm disappointed at our politics in the World. Nobody has a clue what they're doing anymore.

We vote to get them elected on so called promises only to disappoint us.

Trump likes to make headlines regardless if they are stupid.

But they are stupid. That is the point. It isn't just about making headlines. He had four years and that was all he cared about - how could he improve his 'ratings'? Why not say the most offensive, hateful stuff all the time. That will do it.

Sorry. I said I didn't wish to wade into this so I will stop.

For me, their best song is "The Day Before You Came", atmospheric, superb lyrics that tell you everything about her future by focusing on her past, pop songs don't really come any better.

It's a favourite of mine too.

It's funny, but I had no sense of living without aim

The day before you came....