Posts by thewatcher

I see by the start of your second paragraph that you are familiar with Ticketmaster's proper name.

😆 Indeed. There is something absolutely vile about an entity that is in effect a middleman, providing no value whatsoever, charging "convenience" fees for emailing me a ticket to see an artist. And don't they own seatwave or some of these other sites that quickly fill up with scalped tickets at multiples of the cost? In essence motivating them to let scalper bots hoover up the initial tickets for any gig so that regular joes (and janes!) have a much reduced chance of getting a face value (+convenience fee) ticket? Very corporate, parasitical behavior and very much in the spirit of capitalism.

Going to see him in late May. I wish he would play something a bit different this tour maybe from "Smallcreeps Day" or some other Genesis songs rather than the usual We can't dance, FYFM, Land of Confusion....

While that would be great, I'm not sure M&tM is the right vehicle for straying much more leftfield than LoC. They seem very, very "safe" to me. It'd also be great if he got Ray out for an airing of Not About Us or something.

I don't have any expectations for other releases. I was shocked to hear about this one. Tony Banks continues to say the well is dry, yet here is another release. I'm not sure what to believe!

I'd take his comment with a grain of salt tbh, since the BBC set is incomplete we know the well is not *completely* dry. There's a wet leaf at the bottom, or maybe even a tiny puddle of brackish water (perhaps with a pair of eyes under the surface peering malevolently up). However, I suspect these will remain where they are.

😆 If this is real, it makes me feel *so* much better about my non-existent communication skills when it comes to relaying information about critical issues to my wife. It's not out of malice, I'm just really unobservant.

Odd thing. I was going to change my score from 13 to 11 after giving it more thought, but I actually listened to it and the downgrade is only to 12. The reason for this is the quality of the band's playing, they're tighter and have a more confident sound than I remember. I still think the story aspect is clunky (although I have to acknowledge the ambition of telling a big dystopian tale in a song), it drags too much in the middle, and I still prefer Hogweed. But Friday I can listen to, whereas Epping Forest by comparison is awful dross to my ears.

I get very "party monster ost" vibes from this big-sounding dance song. Nice energy, if a bit 2-D.

External Content music.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hmm. The prices for similar seats to what I had for Genesis or Smashing Pumpkins at the same venue are eye popping. 2-4x the cost. The whole "verified resale" thing makes me queasy too.

Motherfucker. I think the better part of valor here is to pay less for worse seats. It'll still be a good show. And at least I can get tickets, unlike for The Cure - don't know what happened there other than Robert Smith seemed to have interjected himself in the process in a genuine effort to stop scalpers and in the process somehow made it impossible for anyone to buy a ticket, yet the show is inexplicably sold out.

Christ. The powers that be have gone and organized a work party. I'm going to be asked 800 times in the coming days if I'm going.

Which answer best conveys how much I want to go?

"The four horsemen of the apocalypse couldn't drag me there" or

"I'm planning to accidentally fall into a vat of hydrochloric acid because I'd rather spend the night on life support in the burns ICU"?

A choir of furies...

External Content music.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It's a very classic or typical example of Genesis at it's proggiest. 13. I like it, I think the more effective parts are the emotional bits from the point of view of the tenants. However, the whole thing feels just a little forced somehow to me, and as a result I always preferred Hogweed (I find the tracks analogous to one another, but I prefer NC to Foxtrot for being freer and Hogweed vs Friday is a nice representation of the differences).

Thanks for the help. Mind if if I ask what “seeding” means?

If you download something using torrents, as you download it to your computer, you are also sharing it with others by uploading it. Once it's fully downloaded, as long as you leave the torrent program running on your computer, you will be "seeding" it, so if someone else comes long to download it they will, at least partially, be downloading it from you. If there are 100 people seeding it, if someone comes along to download it (which if I recall used to be called "leeching") they'll download it very fast. If there's one person seeding a concert and 100 people trying to download it, it will be very very slow.

Witchwood is correct, I think the one I used was uTorrent too, but there used to be several of these torrent servers to choose from. Torrentz was another one I think. It is a little daunting if it's completely new to you, but pretty easy to get up and running. Also, leaving it running and uploading after you've downloaded something used to be considered good form, but in the earlier days i ran foul of the old data limits internet companies used to impose if I accidentally left something uploading for days, so I'd be screwed and left with terribly slow internet for the rest of the month 😆

Edit: I assume leaving it seeding for a while is still considered good form, it's how the community shares.

Someone else can step in and correct me here, but my memory of downloading from that site (it has been a good while), was that I downloaded BitTorrent, set it up, and then just selected the concert I wanted. Someone has to be seeding it of course, otherwise it just hangs in purgatory. If there are several seeders the download is faster.

A great song, bristling with ideas and building up wonderful momentum. Very evocative, poignant lyrics I always took to be about JFK and Oswald - I didn't know about the other governor story. The turn at the end to the assassin's broken childhood is gently devastating. I think it's Gabriel at his emotional, innovative, effective best.