Posts by thewatcher

Before I put my sixth sense in, just want to hear others opinions.

As do I.

I think the fact that, after his four years in office, Trump garnered the second most votes of any candidate ever (second only to Biden) will be the topic of many political and sociological dissertations for many years.

🔥

Hot take: Biden did what Trump said he would do. So another way of thinking about your question is, would you vote for the person who said they would do something, or the person who actually does it?

My admittedly uninformed view of the particular issue at hand, is that it has been managed atrociously. At a minimum, collaborate with your allies. Of course, they should never have been there in the first place, which is on Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld et al.

I've said here before, I understood the vote for Trump over Clinton at the time. Clinton was coming off an inglorious spell in the state department overseeing such historic crusades as the completely needless destruction of Libya and Syria, and was almost unelectable. Anyone else - like Sanders who had a ferocious grassroots movement - and even with Russia meddling, I doubt Trump would have got in. But he did. After four years of his ineffective and harmful bollocksry however, Trump or Biden? No contest. Trump's a sham.

External Content music.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The board right now!

A nice video from Phil‘s performance at Fukuoka Done Japan, 7th May 1995

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Looks a very cool gig. I like the intro, and a brave choice to start with one of his most demanding vocals with I Don't Care Anymore. It's a great version.

Also, it's a nice touch that Phil always tried to say a few words in the local lingo, but it's very funny that they had to subtitle his Japanese!

Well remembered! I don't recall exactly what I said but it was probably along the lines of sourdough toast too often shattering like glass and feeling like it was going to lacerate my mouth.

That's what it was! The description was striking enough that it struck in my mind. Interesting about the quality and process by which it's made. I've noticed the thing about big holes too and that can be irritating - a big glob of butter/jam can fall through and result in messiness.

At some point the whole world will be sourdough.

Haha. Now all I can picture is a huge ball of bread flying around the sun.

This, except bramble jam on sourdough toast.

Woah woah woah. Toasted sourdough? If memory serves you weren't a big fan back when there was a brief "what kind of bread toasts well" dialogue here.

At any rate, it sounds delicious. I had a nice strong black coffee (beans from the local roastery) and a banana. I also have a fresh plain croissant from this amazing french patisserie in town that I am contemplating smearing with a little blueberry jam we picked up on a farm in Maine.

External Content music.youtube.com

I often feel a link between NIN and Genesis, and this song is no different. A few NIN songs channel Mama's spareness, atmosphere and rage. Also: I Don't Care Anymore was Trent Reznor before Trent Reznor.

a spanner has been thrown into the works

https://m.independent.ie/irish…cial&utm_campaign=seeding

Not good for the music industry having high numbers like this from events

Yikes! 4700 cases out of 76000 attendees with a negative test OR vaccinated OR with documented recovery from infection. Outdoors!!

I wonder what the burden of sickness was among the 4700, and whether it was contained at that or ballooned further? I guess they were found because they looked for them. But if 4500 were asymptomatic they'd have bumbled along happily none the wiser.

I still think authorities will let the tour go ahead unless the situation in hospitals becomes untenable. However, I worry about the possibility of it being torpedoed halfway through if each show - and they're all indoors right? - leads to hundreds of cases.

Ugh. Fuckin covid.

[boring dream reference]

I dreamt they released a setlist and I was miffed I accidentally saw one. All I can remember was it appeared to be in 2 sections and opened with Behind the Lines/Duchess

[/boring dream reference]

That doesn't seem outside the bounds of reality at all. Give it a month or so, we might be asking if you've had any dreams about the lottery...

Excellent 'wonky fairground music' comment!