Posts by vl1

gang of three back to their old tricks again.

if you get triggered by a (one word!) trigger warning, maybe you should get off social media for a while - can't be good for your blood pressure.

hate/hatred ..... what on earth are you talking about? (This is coming from someone who spends their day calling complete strangers "gammons". (a lefty twitter insult aimed at fat people of a different political persuasion for those not familiar)).

It's "Curb your enthusiasm" btw, boredatwork, new series is rather good imo, it's on YT. From the same stable as Seinfield, which is the only reason I mentioned it.

---

(fresh) fish supper I think

Not sure what you're still moaning about.

At this time, on the dashboard screen

All 25 of the lastest posts are Genesis related (it's a Genesis news forum btw, those people browsing as guests aren't coming to see what a stranger is listening to on their Samsung)

12 out of 15 on the Unread threads are nothing to do with Genesis, much like the old dashboard used to be. - Seinfield (Curb is far funnier, but not for those of a woke disposition), song titles and the like dominate.

And the never ending recent activities list with the display posts button for continuously scrollability is a mixture of the two, (but still mostly off-topic trivia at present.)

If you aren't seeing that, maybe it's your settings, try logging off and clearing your cookies. It's all there on one page, and should please everyone.

The naming of these sections could be better btw Christian

----

Now, what shall I have for supper....

Same reason I don't stay logged into bank/utility/any sites, privacy and security, and it's not necessary - this is a source of news for me, not a social life. I occasionally post if I have something to add, or some new media to mention.

Another Padgham interview up on youtube for anyone interested.

A vast improvement, especially for us types with a low attention span (or perhaps more important things to do). Thankyou. The good stuff is starting to float to the top.

Recent posts and likes about song titles, rips, or what you are watching on tv still appear on the dashboard under recent activities.., so you already have the best of both worlds.

As already mentioned muting doesn't work if not logged in, and at any one time most users of this forum are not logged in or don't have an account. This change may encourage more to join and contribute.

I didn't join for a long time because of the lack of apparent content. (and have stopped posting interesting stuff because of lack of apparent interest, or because it gets lost in the noise).

The dashboard is the front page, if there's nothing about the band there, it's a turn off.

Thanks for telling me about the options, it's not much use to me personally because I only login to post, but will be of use to others.

Surely Lentils would be more your thing.

I don't know what I want to read or where it is. The news could be posted anywhere.

The dashboard with the 15 latest hot threads is the ideal place for anyone to see at a glance what is going on in the Genesis world, unfortunately most of the time it's useless because of all the what I ate for breakfast type content.

Before people join, this is what they see, instead of the hotbed of news you'd expect to see on a genesis news forum in the middle of a tour.

At this moment, the dashboard shows 2 posts about the band/tour, and 13 that have nothing to do with the band. Earlier it was 0-15.

Is there any way of excluding sub forums from the latest posts list?

We are in the middle of possibly the last tour, there has been tons of interesting new video's, podcasts, tv shows and interviews about the band in the last few months, much of it not mentioned on this forum.

Yet as is often the case, all 15 of the latest posts (ie what's going on) relate to "song titles with" or football. Anything interesting about Genesis gets knocked off into obscurity as soon as it's posted.

What is is with people on here, does nobody understand context or meaning anymore, is it the effect of smartphones?

Your response to my post the other day suggested you were reading words and meaning into my post that weren't there

Try reading posts carefully in order, and then you might get the point.

I couldn't care less what someone on the internet thinks of their neighbour, but I wish them well. This is about unpleasant behaviour towards other users here. Calling peoples posts shit, bullshit, twaddle etc etc, just because they have a different opinion

The point is some guy, not for the first time, is trying to get another user kicked off by the mods. And the clique are joining in.

The choice of words had a meaning, adding "As much as" to the front of the sentence, changed that meaning, intentionally or otherwise. The Trump/antivax stuff didn't help his case. Murdock responded to the change of meaning implied by the first three words.

It could have been "I hate to hear that they are very sick," not contentious at all,

To try to misuse someones correct understanding of English against him, to manipulate the mods into kicking someone off the forum is not on.

There is a clear polarisation around the world, which is being ramped up by governments to divide society, This has happened in 6 months, everyone was on the same page just a few months ago, it's crazy.

We appear to have a group of English speakers pretending they are not familiar with the As much as I construct. Faux outrage from "quality regular members", trying to get someone kicked off. Pompous indeed.

"As much as I hate to hear that they are very sick,"

Doesn't matter what you put after the comma

Do your own research, the estimates of infections at mass test events are on the phe website. The idea that 100's of thousands of people can gather at an event in the middle of a pandemic and there will be no infections is ludicrous, as is the idea that you can pin the source of infection to a zone.

"585 cases from the Grand Prix show that 343 of those cases were likely to have already been infectious around the time of the event, while 242 cases are from people likely to have acquired an infection around the time of the event"

"Data from The Wimbledon Championships, which hosted around 300,000 people over a two week period, recorded 881 cases through NHS Test and Trace."

"The associated Public Health England / NHS Test and Trace data for the EURO 2020 final shows that 2,295 people in or around the stadium were likely to have been infectious at the time of the event, with an additional 3,404 people in and around the stadium potentially acquiring infection around the time of the event."

Check out what's happening in Israel.

Lots of claims there, suggest you pop on PHE website for starters to check them.

The idea that there was no spread at mass events is wrong for a start. Vaccines don't provide immunity, vaccinated people can catch and spread covid, they help to reduce hospitalisation and death.

Not clear if you are agreeing or disagreeing, if the latter, do explain.

As for stats, there's a whole industry out there producing and regurgitating contradictory numbers endlessly, there can never be any clarity with this amount of data floating about. Which is quite useful if you're a politician, tell them anything, throw up 100's of slides that nobody can comprehend, and leave the room quickly before anyone asks a pertinent question.

Throwing stats about like this is ludicrous, they can be selected and spun to fit any narrative you like. It's all about clicks.

Same figures from uk today, being spun against the vax hesitant under 50s includes the fact that 70% of over 50's who died from (with) Delta were vaccinated. Then you have to understand the sample size, the period over which the data is collected. Which vaccine, when, who. Most of the people going to these gigs will be in that demographic, if you think you're 100% safe, think again.

If everyone is vaccinated, 100% of deaths will be vaccinated.

"Six Of The Best became seven when guitarist Steve Hackett, who left the group in 1977, emerged to an overwhelming ovation"