Posts by vl1

The interviewer is fine, he's teased out more interesting details than any other interviewer I've heard.

He isn't meant to appear on the audio, it was destined to be chopped up into a few minutes of talking heads, so he can't interview in a more conversational style or rock up with a list of pre-prepared questions (that have all been asked before).

There's more in his cupboard to be released.

----

If you are interested in some of the behind the scenes stuff, there's a free podcast called 80sography on apple music, with lots of Genesis related interviews, Padgham,, Yukich etc

It doesn't have to align word for word, it's about a woman for a start. The idea can be applied outside music, as many in their 40's and 50's may find out when their employer goes through a cost cutting exercise.

Commercial peak was IT tour. Big audiences, wall to wall TV and radio play, many singles, big sales.

This was the beginning of the CD era, people were [re]buying the back catalogue too. The tide had started to turn for both Phil and Genesis by the end of the WCD tour. Still big, but not as big.

From Tony and Mike's perspective, "there was a time when they performed, that nobody called for more .. it wasn't so easy now, all uphill", which is why CAS US tour was cancelled due to lack of ticket sales, many folk were disinterested without Phil, and Mike in particular wasn't keen to carry on with another record that might have fallen flat in the marketplace.

you did say you were younger than most, that usually translates into newer.

the second part of fading is a 3 piece, it would leave Phil twiddling his thumbs again. They've got to snip stuff, Cinema show is a must imo. I would have preferred both to be full versions, but that's the way it goes with a 54 year old band trying to please everyone a bit.

Beer breaks aren't allowed. (unless they do Bacharach).

Perhaps it's not as important to newer fans, but IKWIL has always been a little bit of fun, a nostalgic bonding moment for all present. PC mocking his own inability to do the tambourine dance as he once could was a nice touch.

The sound of the crowd and the backing singers chanting "hey" in unison to Phil's direction, and Nic's drum groove was a memorable highlight for me.

The lamb/Fading have mood, 2.5 hours of full on energy would be wearing.

Excellent from start to finish.

The light show was cut down slightly, one less domino, and reduced afterglow/no spinning lights behind the screen etc, but it didn't detract from the excellent production.

Musically spot on as you would expect. This band never put on a bad show. Some nice little additions from Nic and Daryl on bass.

Sound excellent, even in the front seats with tiny satellite speakers. The bass tone in Mama was phenomenal.

Phil's humour is the cherry on the top. I can't think of any other performer that does audience interaction as well. Anyone thinking he's past it (because he's sitting in a chair) is missing a great show. Watch those fingers carefully!

What is is with people on here, does nobody understand context or meaning anymore, is it the effect of smartphones?

Your response to my post the other day suggested you were reading words and meaning into my post that weren't there

Try reading posts carefully in order, and then you might get the point.

I couldn't care less what someone on the internet thinks of their neighbour, but I wish them well. This is about unpleasant behaviour towards other users here. Calling peoples posts shit, bullshit, twaddle etc etc, just because they have a different opinion

The point is some guy, not for the first time, is trying to get another user kicked off by the mods. And the clique are joining in.

The choice of words had a meaning, adding "As much as" to the front of the sentence, changed that meaning, intentionally or otherwise. The Trump/antivax stuff didn't help his case. Murdock responded to the change of meaning implied by the first three words.

It could have been "I hate to hear that they are very sick," not contentious at all,

To try to misuse someones correct understanding of English against him, to manipulate the mods into kicking someone off the forum is not on.

There is a clear polarisation around the world, which is being ramped up by governments to divide society, This has happened in 6 months, everyone was on the same page just a few months ago, it's crazy.

We appear to have a group of English speakers pretending they are not familiar with the As much as I construct. Faux outrage from "quality regular members", trying to get someone kicked off. Pompous indeed.

"As much as I hate to hear that they are very sick,"

Doesn't matter what you put after the comma

Do your own research, the estimates of infections at mass test events are on the phe website. The idea that 100's of thousands of people can gather at an event in the middle of a pandemic and there will be no infections is ludicrous, as is the idea that you can pin the source of infection to a zone.

"585 cases from the Grand Prix show that 343 of those cases were likely to have already been infectious around the time of the event, while 242 cases are from people likely to have acquired an infection around the time of the event"

"Data from The Wimbledon Championships, which hosted around 300,000 people over a two week period, recorded 881 cases through NHS Test and Trace."

"The associated Public Health England / NHS Test and Trace data for the EURO 2020 final shows that 2,295 people in or around the stadium were likely to have been infectious at the time of the event, with an additional 3,404 people in and around the stadium potentially acquiring infection around the time of the event."

Check out what's happening in Israel.

Lots of claims there, suggest you pop on PHE website for starters to check them.

The idea that there was no spread at mass events is wrong for a start. Vaccines don't provide immunity, vaccinated people can catch and spread covid, they help to reduce hospitalisation and death.

Not clear if you are agreeing or disagreeing, if the latter, do explain.

As for stats, there's a whole industry out there producing and regurgitating contradictory numbers endlessly, there can never be any clarity with this amount of data floating about. Which is quite useful if you're a politician, tell them anything, throw up 100's of slides that nobody can comprehend, and leave the room quickly before anyone asks a pertinent question.

Throwing stats about like this is ludicrous, they can be selected and spun to fit any narrative you like. It's all about clicks.

Same figures from uk today, being spun against the vax hesitant under 50s includes the fact that 70% of over 50's who died from (with) Delta were vaccinated. Then you have to understand the sample size, the period over which the data is collected. Which vaccine, when, who. Most of the people going to these gigs will be in that demographic, if you think you're 100% safe, think again.

If everyone is vaccinated, 100% of deaths will be vaccinated.

"Six Of The Best became seven when guitarist Steve Hackett, who left the group in 1977, emerged to an overwhelming ovation"