Red Blue and Green Boxes Who do we contact?.

• I think it would be great to re-issue the albums with blu-ray audio in a similar way to Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin's super deluxe boxsets that they have done for the past 10 years.

I became a Genesis fan in 2011, and thankfully discovered the boxsets when they were at the tail end of being available new in stores and online (except for the blue one which was out of production). I do not take these sets for granted because they helped me learn a lot about the band when I was a new fan, and so it would be great to have an updated reissue of these.

Yeah, I got my hands on a set of all five of the boxes about four years ago. I think I got them off of Amazon or EBay, someone sold it to me for close to 1300 US dollars. It must have been Amazon because i did a payment plan and just payed it off in like 6 months. I love them. They should re-release them, they would most likely recoup their costs.

• I agree with you. I bought them for the sheer enjoyment of the music, since I’m not an audiophile, I don’t care about stereo compression or any of that stuff. I realize that really matters to some fans. The music sounds great to me on the discs for the most part, that’s all I care about.

• I'm wondering why the Black Box (Live 1973-2007) is the most expensive at over $1000 USD while all the other four (that I already have had for years) are all selling for under $400 each.

If I recall correctly, the bonus CD on the Black box is a Rainbow theater concert in London and all the rest are easy to find individually online. But, I do have that Rainbow concert bootleg that is not pristine audio but sounds ok. Sometimes you make bad decisions out of conformity and end up being sorry you did.

• I'm wondering why the Black Box (Live 1973-2007) is the most expensive at over $1000 USD while all the other four (that I already have had for years) are all selling for under $400 each.

If I recall correctly, the bonus CD on the Black box is a Rainbow theater concert in London and all the rest are easy to find individually online. But, I do have that Rainbow concert bootleg that is not pristine audio but sounds ok. Sometimes you make bad decisions out of conformity and end up being sorry you did.

Agreed. And I’m sure we’ve all bought their discography many times over in different formats. It’s kind of shameful how much money Genesis has made me spend. But I regret none of it. I love the band, they’re worth it.

My guess is that the black box was last, and probably produced in the fewest numbers. Often times in situations like these it isn't the content but the scarcity that is driving prices on the secondary market.

That said, the content on the black box is great. The live album remixes were a significant upgrade (Seconds Out especially) and I think both Rainbow and The Way We Walk sound better with less of the overdubs that were present on the original releases.

• Agreed. And I’m sure we’ve all bought their discography many times over in different formats. It’s kind of shameful how much money Genesis has made me spend. But I regret none of it. I love the band, they’re worth it.

Absolutely. And not only I have spent lots of $$ on their LPs and CD output but also on travel expenses to see them Live like I did for Duke (1980 - New York), Turn it On (2007 - Denver) and the Last Domino (2021- Montreal).

But as you said, it was worth every dollar and do not regret it for something that I enjoyed to the fullest.

• Absolutely. And not only I have spent lots of $$ on their LPs and CD output but also on travel expenses to see them Live like I did for Duke (1980 - New York), Turn it On (2007 - Denver) and the Last Domino (2021- Montreal).

But as you said, it was worth every dollar and do not regret it for something that I enjoyed to the fullest.

That’s amazing, I would have loved to see them in the early 80s! How was the New York Duke show? Was it amazing?

• That’s amazing, I would have loved to see them in the early 80s! How was the New York Duke show? Was it amazing?

Actually I saw them twice on the Duke tour 1980 - two nights in a row in different venues. The first night was in a small intimate theater - Capitol theater in Passaic NJ and the next night was completely the opposite in a large arena at the famous Madison Square Garden in Manhattan, NY. Although it was the same setlist, the shows felt very different. That too is why Duke is my favorite post-Gabriel era album that brings back so many cherished memories.

• I think people who charge such high prices wouldn’t take reasonable offers, George Michael’s album Older on vinyl is getting re issued (limited on vinyl first time around and was going regularly for £1500). Folks even though they know it’s imminent are still asking £600 and £800 for their copies. I hope they fall flat on their faces for being greedy!.

I agree! I’m all for capitalism, but when I see some of these people on sites like eBay charging such exorbitant prices for coveted items such as these boxed sets, asking for thousands of dollars, get a life you know. Charge market value or a little above, the goal should be to make a profit, not rip off fellow collectors and jack up the market.