Women's World Cup 2023

• Sweden v USA, what an incredible climax to a tense and exciting match. That was one of the most edge-of-seat penalty shoot-outs I've ever seen. I wanted Swe to progress but feel for the US, what a rough way to be knocked out.

Abandon all reason

• Very pleased for both teams. but Australia's job was done before the overhyped Sam Kerr made her overhyped appearance. What does it do for the morale of the other players to have such incessant concentration on one player?

Predictably the US loss has been greated with glee by the conservative nutjobs led by Trump. who even blamed it on Biden. The US used to support its national teams (such as they are) with a passion matched by few others. Now half they country want them to lose, although I can bet the vast majority of them probably didn't even know there was a 'soccer' game going on.

https://www.independent.co.uk/…s-world-cup-b2388749.html

• Predictably the US loss has been greated with glee by the conservative nutjobs led by Trump. who even blamed it on Biden.

Swivel-eyed jut-browed spittle-spraying right-wingers doing their screeching thing. They particularly have it in for Megan Rapinoe, a brilliant player who's been key to the US winning the last two world cups and being the top-ranked team. But she's gay and the team didn't want to meet Trump when they won in 2019, so the Trumpoids are enraged and call the team "anti-American" - oh, and of course, "woke".

Someone suggested the team should insist they were not eliminated and have in fact won the tournament, but it's been "stolen" and maybe that'll get the MAGA morons on side.

Abandon all reason

• Aus v Fra was one hell of a match. That penalty shootout was incredible. I'm so pleased for Australia. Usually I tend to support European teams but I was hoping Australia would go through.

Abandon all reason

• Pleased for the Lionesses too...

It will be fun in this house. My husband is English so now we have England vs Australia. But what would be really fun is if it were to be a Sweden-Australia or Sweden-England final. His great-grandfather was Swedish.

• It's a shame Aus lost out on 3rd place. I thought they at least deserved a goal, but despite some good passing and approach play they didn't have the killer instinct finishing their chances. It was a really enjoyable match.

I'm shortly boarding an Inverness to London train so will be somewhere between Perth and Edinburgh for the final. I'm relying on LNER's onboard wifi to stream the match live but my expectations are low. It'll be somewhat ironic having diligently watched almost every match in the tournament to largely or completely miss the final.

Abandon all reason

• I managed to watch it albeit with lots of freezing and buffering. A frustrating and disappointing match for England fans although overall it was quite entertaining. Spain deserved the win on balance, their passing and attacking was much better.

I feel a bit bereft now the tournament is over. Just the boring old premiership and a load of blokes now. I'll try to catch as much WSL as possible.

Abandon all reason