sinead o connor : YOUR MUSIC

• Once an artist passes away the live and online record shops are filled with their CD/LP records at very high prices.

Although we can't help it, we do have a say in their music.

Personally I have followed SOC's music first through his collaborations with Peter Gabriel and Afro Celt Sound System. On vinyl I have his first album which I should revisit.

A friend of mine recorded me a few years ago a CD with his collaborations "Collaborations", the second part of which I liked...

• Although I am somewhat distant from the proposed topic, a few years ago the book WANDERING KINGS by JOSEPH O CONNOR (brother of Sinnead O Connor) was published in Spain, which came out before in England with the title The Thrill of it All (2014) and which tells us the experiences of a rock band.

• Personally I have followed SOC's music first through his collaborations with Peter Gabriel and Afro Celt Sound System. On vinyl I have his first album which I should revisit.

Your English is very good but you need to correct the pronouns - female = her, male = his :thumbup:

Abandon all reason

• The "musical" relationship between PETER GABRIEL and SINEAD O CONNOR materialised in the songs of US (1992): Come Talk to Me and Blood of Eden.

In 2018 PETER GABRIEL in union with REAL WORLD released BIG BLUE BALL, where he collaborates in several songs and SINEAD composes and sings "Everything Comes From You"...

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It might be interesting to upload to this forum those songs by Sinead O Connor that we have liked the most throughout her career...not going into her personal, religious, social and political problems.

• The Simple Truth: A Concert for Kurdish Refugees,a global broadcast in 36 countries raising $15m for the Red Cross’ work with Kurdish refugees after the first Gulf war. Produced in just three weeks and staged in London, Amsterdam, Philadelphia and Sydney.

External Content www.youtube.com

• Although it's been a few days since Sinead left us, I think it's a good opportunity to travel through her discography.

We have to give her a chance if the price doesn't prevent it to albums like: UNIVERSAL MOTHER, FAITH AND COURAGE, sEAN-NOS-NUA, THEOLOGY or How About I Be Me (And You Be You)?

I had considered SINEAD more of a backing vocalist than a solo voice and I think I was wrong.

There is a live album by Sinead: She Who Dwells in the Secret Place of the Most High Shall Abide Under the Shadow of the Almighty is a 2003 double live album.

Disc one collects a variety of rare tracks. It includes readings of traditional Latin liturgical hymns, collaborations with Massive Attack, Asian Dub Foundation, Adrian Sherwood and Roger Eno, and covers of songs by ABBA, The B-52's, and Aretha Franklin.

Disc two is a live performance recorded at Dublin's Vicar Street Theatre in 2002. Six tracks are taken from O'Connor's 2002 album Sean-Nós Nua, and three each come from Universal Mother and O'Connor's most famous album, I Do Not Want What I Haven't Got. One song, "You Made Me the Thief of Your Heart", was recorded by O'Connor for the soundtrack to the 1993 film In the Name of the Father.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…he_Shadow_of_the_Almighty