Definitive Edition Remasters question: was a boxset ever released?

• Hello! I really love the series of definitive edition remasters, that features all albums (live and studio) from Trespass through Three Sides Live.

Was a boxset of this series ever released? I did research on the Discogs.com database, and found none there.

But I was wondering if some "obscure release" of this kind was ever released somewhere, even in a limited edition.

For example, Japan's Disk Union store has released the 1999 releases of Trespass through Duke (that use the 94 remaster) in a limited edition, and this is not featured in Discogs.com. So I thought it would not be strange to find out that a special release with all those 94 remasters might have happened somewhere. It would be interesting to see those albums from Trespass through 3 Sides Live unified in such package.

Cheers!

• http://www.dusk.it/genesis_edicola.htm

Maybe a DIY product from Sorrisi Canzoni TV magazine? :/

Thanks for the answer and link, rkive!

Actually those are using the 2007 remixes for the albums, but that seems to be a really cool and complete set.

It would be amazing if the band had done something similar by using the 1994 remasters.

Well, I was seeing some of the Definitive Edition Remaster stickers on some albums, and they feature a GEN 1 mark, which would maybe "make them" unified by this catalogue tag.

• From what I've read the 1994 remaster cds sound the closest to the original editions but I think it's missing WCD. :/

P.S. Maybe this Genesis News topic explains better...

Which CD remastering was the best for each album?

indeed! The series only features the studio and live albums from Trespass through Three Sides Live.

Since this era is my favorite one from Genesis, I would love if the band, or some distributor like Disk Union, would release a box unifying these releases with these masters.

• My "perfect" assortment uses the 1994 DER's of A Trick of the Tail, Wind and Wuthering, Duke, and Abacab, with the 2007 remixes of Three Sides Live up through Calling All Stations and And Then There Were Three.

I really like the 2007 remixes of Trespass through Selling England by the Pound, and though there are a few errors on Foxtrot that bug me, it's not enough to kick it out of the club. The Foxtrot DER is really good too, in case those problems are too much. Likewise, if the extra drums on Trespass bother you the DER is miles ahead of the original CD version but the same original mix.

I'm currently re-discovering the original CD mix of The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway, so it is my current go-to version. Once again the DER is really good too, and the 2007 remix is nice, but some the changes bug me and this is the one album in the entire catalog I think I prefer the grittier sound of the original mix or the DER more than the pristine sound on the remix.

• From what I've read the 1994 remaster cds sound the closest to the original editions but I think it's missing WCD. :/

In 1994 there was no need to remaster an album which was released in 1991. At that time the original version of WCD was available everywhere. Plus the main reason for digital remasters was to get albums from the vinyl era out on CD. All albums up to 3SL were originally only released on vinyl so a digital remaster was needed to serve the market for CDs. Everything post 3SL had original releases on vinyl and CD.