Posts by Progatron

"One and done" American band from 1992, Atavism Of Twilight. Always loved it!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The amazing Wobbler from Norway... I love all four of their CDs! They fit in nicely with the Änglagård dark symphonic style.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Glad you're digging them Noni!

Crucible's second album Curtains isn't nearly as good as Tall Tales, although it does have an amazing cover of Crack The Sky's Nuclear Apathy. I find them to be a nice blend of Trick Of The Tail-era Genesis, Permanent Waves-era Rush, with maybe a little Kansas thrown in there somewhere. They used to cover Down And Out live as well! Talk about a challenging piece to play...

Janison Edge's album is excellent, and most of the band are musicians from other bands as well. It's too bad they didn't continue though, it's one of the best obscure albums I know.

Lets hope ND dies a better job than the horrific Genesis SACD albums released in the box sets. 5.1 versions are excellent but CDs too loud.

Yes, I have no use for the stereo mixes on those boxes, with that terrible modern idea that all levels need to be pushed to 11. So much of the dynamics and beauty of the music is lost. I tend to stick with the original CDs (prior to the '94 remasters), they sound best on my stereo system. These albums were not meant to be squashed down for consumption on ear buds and computer speakers, which is how they were mastered after the new mixing.

Going from the look of that photo and the previous Ant Phillips boxes that Esoteric reissued, I suspect it will be a clamshell box with the albums in individual card sleeves, and probably a booklet of some kind. From what I can tell from that article, the post-Fugitive albums have simply been remastered as opposed to being all new mixes. Surround mix plans appear to have been shelved.

This set seems a bit... half-assed in some ways. I'm glad for any newer fans who may not have this stuff, perhaps it's aimed at them as an easy way to get it all in one shot. Personally, I already have his complete catalogue on CD including a couple of CD singles with b-side tracks, and Esoteric's own A Chord Too Far boxed set from a couple of years ago which is excellent.

Listening to this long out of print CD right now. Crucible - Tall Tales

My favourite modern Italian band Unreal City. All three albums are musts IMO! :)

Here's another modern favourite of mine, from Argentina - the band Nexus. They have lots of albums and I have them all! :)

An excellent one-off album from Janison Edge. Twenty years old now, I wish they had done more. Very melodic, proggy and lots of keyboard and guitar sounds that will appeal to a lot of people here.

Oh man, fabulous new Chester Thompson CD arrived today... back together with Alphonso Johnson on bass for the first time since Weather Report's Black Market album!

Here's another huge favourite of mine, French band Shylock. I even shelled out for the expensive Japanese SHM-CD imports because I love them so much!

Serge Fiori - Deux cents nuits à l'heure Canada. From the band Harmonium

Don't forget Richard Séguin! :)

A Quebec classic! I'm a big fan of the whole scene... in fact, you've inspired me!