9. 07 points - satisfactory - (0) 0%
    10. 06 points - sufficient + (0) 0%
    11. 05 points - sufficient (0) 0%
    12. 04 points - sufficient - (0) 0%
    13. 03 points - poor + (0) 0%
    14. 02 points - poor (0) 0%
    15. 01 point - poor - (0) 0%
    16. 00 points - abysmal (0) 0%

We invite you to share interesting facts and tidbits about this track. Let's look at the track in the context of the band's / the artist's history, at the music, the songwriting and all other aspects that are relevant for this track. Please do stick to the discussion of the track above. Comparisons to other tracks are okay, but remember that the other track you may be keen to talk about has or will have its own Track Of The Week thread. If you spot a mistake or if you can close a gap in the fact sheet above please feel free to contact martinus or Christian about it; we will gladly add and improve!

RAY WILSON - American Beauty
    Year: 2011
    Album: Unfulfillment
    Working title: ?
    Credits: Wilson/Hoff
    Lyrics: Yes
    Length: 4:07
    Musicians: Ray Wilson, Ashley Macmillan, Uwe Metzler, Lawrie Macmillan, Ali Ferguson, Filip Walcerz
    Played Live: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022
    Cover versions: unknown

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Notes: In 2011, Ray Wilson recorded the largely thought-provoking Unfulfillment, initially wanting First Day Of Change as his first single, but then changed his mind. In the wake of decent radio airplay, he finally made it into the charts at number 21 in Germany with the set Genesis vs Stiltskin. American Beauty is a good example of the great pop/rock songs Ray Wilson is capable of.
  • 12 points good +.

Maybe because co-written with Peter Hoff, it reminds me of songs from Chasing Rainbows, one of my Ray's favorite albums. 8)

Great lyrics on the mystery of US charm? :/

• Official Post

Can't vote on this one, as I've never heard a single Ray Wilson (or Stiltskin) song.

How would you describe his music?

🤔 we have added the video so you can listen to that track. Then you know how it sounds …

• Official Post

More or less after the album Change, I would say his music is songwriter, folk-rock. :/

SHE / Stiltskin was a real rock album. For me one of the best Genesis-related solo albums after 2000.

Song For A Friend ist more or less acoustic

Those two albums stand out, in my opinion.

And the last one, The Weight Of Man, is a really good one as well