Genesis albums to be re issued by Analogue Productions

• I'm excited to give it a go, but extremely skeptical that my ears will hear any of what was just described above. Partly I'm sure because the equipment I have is starter level (and I'm unlikely to upgrade) but perhaps moreso I'm just not sure my ears work that way. Maybe a result of too many loud concerts (persistent tinnitus in my left ear since Smashing Pumpkins - thanks Billy). I won't care as long as it sounds good to me, and glad to read such glowing things about it overall.

I’m 59 years of age and due to years of concert attendance standing far to close to speaker cabinets and years of sat on trains etc listening to Walkmans at high levels as a teenager I also have bad tinnitus in both ears which I can hear all the time. I would think I have a significant amount of hearing damage as a consequence of this. So my hearing isn’t as good as some of these audio reviewers like Michael Fremer or 45 audiophile for example, But the difference is that strong it’s impossible for even me with my poor hearing not to notice a significant sonic improvement across the board. Admittedly the equipment a person has makes all the difference but but I think you would hear a substantial improvement even with a good entry level turntable like a Rega Planar 3 and amps of similar quality to that. I do think most people will notice the difference in these without to much trouble - you certainly notice the difference in manufacturing as the covers are really top notch. Even if I was just a fan without the hifi I’d be buying them without hesitation and trust me £250 for two albums is a lot for me to find.

I really think that missing Trespass is a mistake - Abacab isn’t a patch on it for me and never was one of my favourite Collins era albums. Trespass

Has always sounded great , I have the original pink label charisma of that and I can only Drool about what they would of sounded like in this format.

Edited 5 times, last by Wayne ().

• Do you think anybody who has spent that kind of money is going to say they're poor?

...Do you think it could be okay that I ask for details about the quality of an item on a discussion forum (made for such discussion ABOUT said item) without being subject to snide responses?

Also, if you take a second to glance thru posts on this thread, it sounds like I'm not the only one who'd like to hear fellow posters' analyses about quality. Are you planning saying the same to them?

• Tetchy! - my comment was obviously not about asking the question per se.

Anyway, Wayne has all the expensive equipment to give you an opinion on what a remix would sound like; unfortunately not a remaster where you wouldn't hear any of those differences, especially if your ears are over 25 years old :rolleyes:

• Tetchy! - my comment was obviously not about asking the question per se.

Anyway, Wayne has all the expensive equipment to give you an opinion on what a remix would sound like; unfortunately not a remaster where you wouldn't hear any of those differences, especially if your ears are over 25 years old :rolleyes:

I wouldn't go as far as to say I was being irritable, as I was simply reacting naturally to your response-which it can't be denied was somewhat curt. However; in the spirit of not making a bigger deal out of this for a single moment longer...moving on.

Much thanks indeed to Wayne for those thought out notes on the sound!

• I wouldn't go as far as to say I was being irritable, as I was simply reacting naturally to your response-which it can't be denied was somewhat curt. However; in the spirit of not making a bigger deal out of this for a single moment longer...moving on.

Much thanks indeed to Wayne for those thought out notes on the sound!

Thanks for that Billy, I wish I was a bit more eloquent but unlike Mike Fremer and others I don’t get paid for my very amateur impressions of records - probably for good reason but you get my feelings that these records are the real deal !!.

I really am looking forward to Nursery Cryme now there’s a record that has always sounded great to me - if it sounds anything like these albums we are in for a mind blowing 40 mins of joy “ Harold The Barrel” included !.