Genesis albums to be re issued by Analogue Productions

• This is great news the classic era albums and more are going to be re issued by the excellent Analogue Productions label as part as the Atlantic 75 series. If you know this label as much as I do these are going to be Stella sound quality!!!. Initially limited to 2,000 numbered copies but they are pressing more. They will be good trust me!.

albums are

Nursery Cryme / Foxtrot / Selling England / The Lamb / Trick / Abacab and Genesis

also two Phill Collins albums are included

Face Value and Hello, I Must be Going.

and also the Genesis stuff will be on SACD at the same time

wonderful but the re issues will be spaced out over 3 years.

Edited 2 times, last by Wayne ().

• Only issue I have is I live in UK and all the other Acoustic Sounds albums I’ve bought cost Me

Between £90 and £225 when I’ve got them over here, these o would expect To start around the £90 mark in the UK. If your in the USA your laughing as free shipping and a cheaper price.

• all being re mastered as well by some of the top names in the business

If we're really talking about re-mastering, as opposed re-mixing, I am rather sceptical as to how much better these albums can actually sound.

That said, the excellent Nick Davis re-mixes were ruined by very poor re-mastering resulting in terrible compression issues.

I can't see from the link posted above which 'top names' are actually doing the re-mastering or what source tapes are being used.

I'll reserve judgement, but it could be a winner!

• I can't see from the link posted above which 'top names' are actually doing the re-mastering or what source tapes are being used.

I found a few btis of information here :

about SEBTP : "These are the original mixes and most are from the UK masters. Some may be from one-off analog tape copies, mastered by Chris Bellman at Bernie Grundman Mastering." source

about TLLDOB : "Mastered directly from the original master tape by Bernie Grundman" source

Also seems to be SACD 2.0 and not SACD 5.1.

• The mastering engineers mentioned are as follows

Bernie Grundman

Chris Bellman

Ryan K Smith

Kevin Gray

Matthew Lutthans

All fantastic.

using the original analogue Master tapes which means to me anyways that they are starting from the beginning afresh!.

• Hmm. It *sounds* good and seems significant. Coincidentally coming on the heels of a discussion about sound quality on the Squonk thread.

It looks like the might be expensive, and I'm wondering if my ears will detect enough difference to justify whatever the cost might be. Only time will tell.

Q for more knowledgeable folks: is this like the work mobile fidelity sound lab does? they have a series of high quality vinyl pressings that are expensive and I think we're remastered to sound great, or whatever. No Genesis albums in their catalogue though.

• Yes exactly like Mobile Fidelity in sound quality but I have found them to be better on a lot of occasions well at least better thank recent mofi. I have around 15 of them from artists such as Bill Evans / Jethro Tull / Miles Davis etc and all are worth the money. Expensive but definitely worth the investment, the covers are superb they open with a creak and are so good. This on SACD and Vinyl is a no brainer and i’m in whatever the wait!.

• Yes exactly like Mobile Fidelity in sound quality but I have found them to be better on a lot of occasions well at least better thank recent mofi. I have around 15 of them from artists such as Bill Evans / Jethro Tull / Miles Davis etc and all are worth the money. Expensive but definitely worth the investment, the covers are superb they open with a creak and are so good. This on SACD and Vinyl is a no brainer and i’m in whatever the wait!.

Very helpful, thanks!

• Can you give any specific examples of this?

I don't personally have anything to hand right now, but I remember from discussions at the time on the old forum that the 'tech experts' were posting audio wave charts and stuff showing the the old dynamic peaks and troughs had been massively compressed.

Even now though, these remixes sound uniformly loud all the way through; the contrasts have largely been wiped out.

• Official Post

I don't personally have anything to hand right now, but I remember from discussions at the time on the old forum that the 'tech experts' were posting audio wave charts and stuff showing the the old dynamic peaks and troughs had been massively compressed.

Even now though, these remixes sound uniformly loud all the way through; the contrasts have largely been wiped out.

we did have an analysis of some of the albums back then, i.e. Duke:

https://www.genesis-news.com/c…ation-and-review-s97.html

• I don't personally have anything to hand right now, but I remember from discussions at the time on the old forum that the 'tech experts' were posting audio wave charts and stuff showing the the old dynamic peaks and troughs had been massively compressed.

I would expect these analogue productions albums to blow any previous release apart From the original charisma pink label of Nursery Cryme well into history. I have Time Out by Brubeck on their 45 and it’s like they are on my lounge playing especially the drumming and bass drum on Take Five. These are really going to be good I think Acoustic Sounds do Stellar Work!.

• If they are easy to get I’ll probably get Selling England on vinyl as it’s my favourite and see how much my ears and turntable can get out of them. I would have bought Foxtrot next but I’m not going to get up to change over half way through Supper’s Ready, so maybe Trick if I buy a second one. Might look at the CD for Foxtrot and some of the others.

• Official Post

We have put together all the info we have right now

https://www.genesis-news.com/n…ophile-reissues-n893.html