List of songs Peter Gabriel did not use for i/o

• Now that we know the album tracklist, I was wondering how many songs we know that were potentially going to be on i/o but Peter decided not to use them.

Here are the tracks that come to my mind:

Baby man

I'm amazing

Animal nation

Nocturnal

Party man (?)

Everybird

Why don't you show yourself

Bol

The veil

What lies ahead

Radio everyone

Rock paper scissors

are there more tracks from 2002-2023 that should be listed as well?

• Official Post

I don't think Party Man / This Is Party Man was ever considered to be on i/o.

Other than that, we know that Peter has a song called Put The Bucket Down, which has been listed in databases this year. This could be one more track.

• Who knows what happened to the lyrics written by PG during the Lockdown period. :/

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Who knows what happened to the lyrics written by PG during the Lockdown period. :/

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I think maybe as a whole they’re too specific to the pandemic to be used anywhere else, but it could be where the line “It’s time that wears the crown” from Playing for Time came from.

• From the series who seeks finds...

https://www.genesis-news.com/c…12-2012-2023-io-s634.html

If you look for the list you'll find the Recording Compendium! 8)

a good source, but the question was, as far as I understood this, which tracks actually were considered for i/o? To answer that, you also may have to dig a little deeper, Peter must have had quite a lot songs after UP, otherwise he would not have announced i/o to be released 18 month after UP.