10th track?

• Never heard of this book. May try and find a copy

I don't recommend it unreservedly. He doesn't like Abacab, which alienated me (he tries to be fair to it, though). He spends too much time talking about WCD chart positions rather than the actual music. He thinks Invisible Touch is 'poor' and unfortunately quotes that stupid American Psycho thing in full. I need to re-read it but overall I wasn't very impressed with it.

• I don't recommend it unreservedly. He doesn't like Abacab, which alienated me (he tries to be fair to it, though). He spends too much time talking about WCD chart positions rather than the actual music. He thinks Invisible Touch is 'poor' and unfortunately quotes that stupid American Psycho thing in full. I need to re-read it but overall I wasn't very impressed with it.

If he can dismiss Invisible Touch as "poor" and doesn't like Abacab, he clearly isn't suited to writing about that era of Genesis (I see his biog describes him as being a teenager in the 70s and a big fan of prog rock" so the bias against Genesis's later years is not exactly surprising).

At the moment, there's nothing out there on Genesis that interests me, having read all the books on the band that I consider worth reading. Still, if a god writer came along who could cover the history of Genesis as objectively as Bowler and Dray and with the same level of insight, then I'd happily give it a go. I'd certainly like someone to bring the story up-to-date, covering Calling All Stations and its subsequent tour.