Your next gig

• I'm going to that one. ( Birmingham)

I haven't been there for a gig, or indeed anything, for over 30 years.

I arrive the previous evening and have until the gig to explore the city centre and see what it's like these days. And have a pizza at Rudy's.

I'm studiously avoiding all the tour pages and setlist spoilers. Can anyone tell me what the showtimes are?

Abandon all reason

• Same here, so far have avoided any info

Well done. I had a close shave when i wandered into the i/o album thread and saw a mention of how many i/o tracks are played in the show. Nothing too spoilery but all the same I still threw my hands over my face and screamed "MY EYES! MY EYES!" before running away. So now I'm avoiding all PG threads, not just tour ones.

Abandon all reason

• Fancy a meet up before the gig. Maybe in a nearby pub? It would be good to meet you. I'll do a general one on the looking for someone thread.

If you manage to arrange a meet up with others I'll try to get along. We are meeting up with some old friends so will be 4 of us going to the gig and 2 going shopping!

• Fancy a meet up before the gig. Maybe in a nearby pub? It would be good to meet you. I'll do a general one on the looking for someone thread.

Thank you for the offer. I'm not entirely sure of my movements immediately before the gig but more than that - this is going to sound so grouchy - I don't tend to meet up with people I know from internet boards etc. It's not just you, it's anyone so don't take it personally! I prefer being an avatar and fake name on a screen. Indeed, it's not an actual photo of me but maybe we could all wear masks of our avis and introduce ourselves as our board names? I might cope with that.

EDIT - I will just add, I'll be in block 12 for the gig. If I know what block you're in, I'll give a wave and nod of respect in its direction.

Abandon all reason

• Thank you for the offer. I'm not entirely sure of my movements immediately before the gig but more than that - this is going to sound so grouchy - I don't tend to meet up with people I know from internet boards etc. It's not just you, it's anyone so don't take it personally! I prefer being an avatar and fake name on a screen. Indeed, it's not an actual photo of me but maybe we could all wear masks of our avis and introduce ourselves as our board names? I might cope with that.

EDIT - I will just add, I'll be in block 12 for the gig. If I know what block you're in, I'll give a wave and nod of respect in its direction.

No problem at all, totally understand, but I'm a bit shocked that avatar isn't actually a real picture of you! I'll be in block D so can't be missed.

• Exactly.

Don't suppose you can recommend a good cocktail bar in the area that mixes a top-notch Manhattan?

Don't know but there is place really close that looks like a great cocktail bar including the grand piano. I've never been in. It sort of part of the complex just along from one of the entrances next to the Legoland shop.

• Don't know but there is place really close that looks like a great cocktail bar including the grand piano. I've never been in. It sort of part of the complex just along from one of the entrances next to the Legoland shop.

Just checked it out, or what I assume is it, Jukeboxers - looks a bit too "hey-wooh-yeah-FUN!" for me though. But thanks anyway.

Abandon all reason

• You'll be the guy with bright yellow face and evil grin!

If you by any chance just noticed a tall dark-haired bearded bloke in a light blue shirt standing in the block just left of the stage waving in your general direction, it might well have been me.

I'm at the end aisle seat of my block and have just had to stand for what will no doubt be the first of many blokey beer/piss excursions. (EDIT: by those further down the row, not me)

Abandon all reason

• Official Post

Peter Gabriel in Dublin will be my next gig :)