Squaring The Circle (Hipgnosis documentry Anton Corbijn)

• Watched Squaring The Circle last night, really enjoyed it. PG features in it quite a bit, discussing the covers of his first two solo albums. Some nice shots of Storm Thorgeson and Po Powell being interviewed with a big print/poster for LLDOB on the wall behind them. it's dominated by Floyd, but then that's to be expected. Some great comments for Noel Gallagher as well.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• We watched on Amazon. I prefer that to sitting in a cinema with folk scoffing popcorn!

Fair enough but my local cinema is a lovely little Highlands arts centre with small screens, plush seats and doesn't seem to attract noisy popcorn-guzzlers! I wouldn't have hesitated to see it there. Plus I detest amazon.

Abandon all reason

• Am reading this from a holiday cottage overlooking Ullapool with a further week next week booked in at Conan Bridge, I’ll have to keep a lookout for these little cinemas, especially given the weather.

My local cinema screened this these last few days... the exact few days I've been away. Hope to catch it elsewhere.

• Strange no Genesis' album.

No it's not strange. A film has limited time to cover the number of acts and albums Hipgnosis were involved with, and given how strongly identified they were with Floyd there was always going to be a focus on them. Plus we here all know that Genesis are rarely high on the priority list of makers of music film and TV.

With this one it's nice to see PG's involvement, I look forward to catching it sometime.

Abandon all reason

• Am reading this from a holiday cottage overlooking Ullapool with a further week next week booked in at Conan Bridge, I’ll have to keep a lookout for these little cinemas, especially given the weather.

Pity about the current weather but what a lovely area. Conon Bridge is nice, I hope you manage to enjoy your week whatever the sky is doing and that you got along to the Seafood Shack in Ullapool (if that's your kind of thing) before the clouds dumped themselves all over everything.

Cromarty Cinema and Inverness Eden Court are my local screens.

Abandon all reason

• Thank you. Cromarty is one of my favourite places and I know that cinema. I like the fact that Ian Rankin goes to his place on Cromarty to write and I can see why he does. Lots of great things planned and also plenty of family tree research for my wife (McKenzie). We will certainly have a look at the seafood shack. Hope you had a good break but I can’t understand why you need a holiday from all this!

• Strange no Genesis' album. :/

As far as I'm aware they Hipgnosis only covers for LLDOB, TOTT, Wind and Wuthering and .......ATTWT. I'd say that the Lamb has the most unique cover/artwork of those albums (My opinion only!) And yo do see it on the wall of the office they are interviewing, Po, Storm and Roger Dean in. I'm assuming the office must have been at Charisma?

• Cromarty is one of my favourite places and I know that cinema. I like the fact that Ian Rankin goes to his place on Cromarty to write and I can see why he does. Lots of great things planned and also plenty of family tree research for my wife (McKenzie).

I've seen IR around in Cromarty and he also speaks highly of Sutor Creek restaurant there, where the crispy chilli korean chicken is so addictively good I'm convinced the chef must put crack in it (though he denied it when I once asked him). Rankin also rightly approves of two restaurants just up the road from me in Fortrose, The Anderson and IV10. If you ever get the chance to try either of them, just do it!

Also in Cromarty is Slaughterhouse coffee shop, just about our favourite in these parts and who do the most wonderful intense cortado.

Hope you had a good break but I can’t understand why you need a holiday from all this!

Hahaha! I do sometimes feel like just living here is a big long unending holiday, I must admit. As a Londoner the city is in my bloodstream and I have to go there or other cities a few times a year, plus the small matter of all my family and many friends are 'down south' so it's good to visit them and be all urban again occasionally. First bit of my trip was good thanks, barring train disruption on the way back. Next week we're in Pitlochry for a few days, a first time staying there after many times of passing through it and thinking 'this looks nice'.

Abandon all reason

• I really liked Fortrose when we visited. Pitlochry is also very nice, Couple of good bookshops there- One in the old station and one up the high street. If we get to

Cromarty this time, and I’m sure we will, we’ll look that up. I will also try to watch this film as it’s always good to see Peter talk, he’s very thoughtful and engaging on any topic.