Genesis Songs With Vocal Intros?

• Apologies if this has been covered before.

How many Genesis songs can we think of that that have vocal intros before the main song begins - or mainly vocal intros?

The song that got me started on this thought was Silver Rainbow..

1.Silver Rainbow

2.Cul-De-Sac

3.Looking For Someone

4.Dancing With The Moonlit Knight

Any others>>

"She looks at me and gently smiles, as if she knew I'd ask her all the time..."

• If something like Silver Rainbow is included it's a bit of a grey area. Would Musical Box count, is the guitar segment before "Play me..." an intro in its own right?

Other than those already mentioned - I'm not sure how many qualify:

Harlequin begins with all instrumentation and vocal immediately.

Seven Stones has the keyboard intro with vocal.

Harold The Barrel has the vocal come in straight away after the cymbal intro.

More Fool Me has the 'aaah-aaaah, naaah-naaah' etc over the initial 12-string strumming.

Broadway Melody (in my view anyway) starts right away on "Echoes..."

Cage has vocal in the eerie intro section

Grand Parade, vocal entry after 2-note prelude.

NYC, first line sung over initial bass 'pulse'

Lilith, vocal just behind 5-note entry

Anyway, first line over end of piano intro

Lamia, vocal entry straight after first opening piano phrase and continues over.

Ripples, immediate vocal over 12-string intro

Undertow, immediate vocal

Guide Vocal, immediate vocal

Please Don't Ask - hmmm... opening piano phrase then continues under vocal - ?

M&SJ - vocal enters over intro section

None on Shapes/IT I think. I've run out of steam there.

Abandon all reason

• Backdrifter's post got me thinking of the original intent of the OP. I took it to mean that the vocals come in before any instruments or at the same time as the first instrument.

So, to me a song like The Musical Box wouldn't fit. But, I can't be 100% sure how the OP meant it.

• I'd love to blend and merge all these short mainly vocal intros into one file to listen to...

"She looks at me and gently smiles, as if she knew I'd ask her all the time..."