I/O inside mix

• Received the 3 CD version of I/O today but have no idea how to access the 3rd CD (the "inside" mix). Do I need special software to extract/play the tracks? I'm aware that the inside mix CD contains Dolby Atmos versions of the songs but there don't appear to be any instructions with the CD package explaining accessing it. Sorry if this is a silly question!

• Official Post

You cannot rip the inside mixes (at least not easily). They are intended to be played back in a home cinema system with at least 5.1 option.

• Thanks everyone. Hadn't realised it was a Bluray disc. Will try it out on my bluray player tomorrow (although I don't have a surround system with my TV , just a Sony soundbar, so I probably won't see any benefit audio wise!)

• I wonder if there will ever be a way to listen to the inside mixes without using that blu ray disc-perhaps if they might release them as a stereo mixdown version on iTunes or something similar...?

To this day I've never heard them (are they really all that different?)...and likely won't, since I'm getting i/o on vinyl (technically already got it, but my wife is giving it to me as a Christmas present LOL).

I suppose maybe someday I'll get the CD version as well...

• Official Post

I wonder if there will ever be a way to listen to the inside mixes without using that blu ray disc-perhaps if they might release them as a stereo mixdown version on iTunes or something similar...?

To this day I've never heard them (are they really all that different?)...and likely won't, since I'm getting i/o on vinyl (technically already got it, but my wife is giving it to me as a Christmas present LOL).

I suppose maybe someday I'll get the CD version as well...

It doesn't make much sense, basically you have the "mixdown" already - the Stereo Mixes. The Inside Mixes offer the largest possible freedom to mix the track. Stereo limits that dramatically. If you ever get the chance to hear that, even if iit's only a 5.1 system, do it!

• It doesn't make much sense, basically you have the "mixdown" already - the Stereo Mixes. The Inside Mixes offer the largest possible freedom to mix the track. Stereo limits that dramatically. If you ever get the chance to hear that, even if iit's only a 5.1 system, do it!

I do have a decent 5.1 system. It's regular surround-Dolby and DTS capable, not Atmos. But I'm sure it'll still play. I have enjoyed listening to the Genesis albums this way, though it has been many months.

I've been acknowledging more and more that I may actually need to get the CD version as well after all.