Your favorite tracks on ... "Invisible Touch"

• Tonight, Tonight, Tonight (full length version, not radio edit) Land of Confusion, Anything She Does

Solid album with fantastic catchy songs. Gotta have the full length version of TTT with that drop back in after the instrumental.. “And you keep telling me I got everything!”….. Also I love Anything She Does for the 80s sound, less for the lyrics, although having a Benny Hill cameo in the video is hilarious by the boys.

• I remember listening to the album for the very first time and TTT, and Domino stood out straightaway.

IT is not even in my top 10 Genesis albums, but at the time I remember being relieved, as I thought it was big improvement on the previous album, which was only half and album in my opinion.

I didn’t realize the self titled album was viewed as mediocre, I think the back half of Shapes with Silver Rainbow, Just a Job to Do and It’s Gonna Get Better only serves to bolster up the rest of the album. Actually I would include Taking It All Too Hard in with that group of songs as well.

• I didn’t realize the self titled album was viewed as mediocre, I think the back half of Shapes with Silver Rainbow, Just a Job to Do and It’s Gonna Get Better only serves to bolster up the rest of the album. Actually I would include Taking It All Too Hard in with that group of songs as well.

To be honest, I'm not sure it IS viewed as mediocre on the whole. I don't rate it at all, but I think a lot of people like it a lot. I'm in the minority it seems.

And to illustrate my point, I'd say those 4 songs you mentioned are among the worst songs the band ever released! (and I don't mean that as a personal comment).

But I like the fact this is a band that people can love for all sorts of reasons.

• The first half of Shapes is untouchable for me and showcases their versatility and quality as a band:

• The monster epic rocker of Mama
    • the perfect country pop of That's All
    • the solid rock of Home by the Sea
    • the thunderous proggy instrumental of Second Home by the Sea.

In my opinion, the second half is viewed more unfavourably than it should be as it begins with the horrendous Illegal Alien.

That said, Taking it all too Hard is just solid pop, no more no less, while Silver Rainbow just doesn't go anywhere for me.

Just a Job to do is a fine rock track with a good middle bridge that could've worked well live. It's Gonna Get Better is decent but not up there with one of of their epic ending tracks.

A shuffled track listing (as discussed in another thread) would have benefitted it.

• To be honest, I'm not sure it IS viewed as mediocre on the whole. I don't rate it at all, but I think a lot of people like it a lot. I'm in the minority it seems.

And to illustrate my point, I'd say those 4 songs you mentioned are among the worst songs the band ever released! (and I don't mean that as a personal comment).

But I like the fact this is a band that people can love for all sorts of reasons.

That is true, and nothing personal taken. There is so much to love about the band, and this forum would be boring if we all had the same opinion! But I disagree that the back half of the album is among the worse songs the band ever released. That is a strong statement, but rightly your opinion. There are worse songs on We Can’t Dance and Calling All Stations. And I would say One For the Vine off of W and W is a meandering piece of crap. And do not forget their debut album. I’ll stick up for the back half of the self titled album though.

• Post by Liquid Len ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves ().
  • That is true, and nothing personal taken. There is so much to love about the band, and this forum would be boring if we all had the same opinion! But I disagree that the back half of the album is among the worse songs the band ever released. That is a strong statement, but rightly your opinion. There are worse songs on We Can’t Dance and Calling All Stations. And I would say One For the Vine off of W and W is a meandering piece of crap. And do not forget their debut album. I’ll stick up for the back half of the self titled album though.

Ah yes, I should clarify that I didn't include FGTR in that comment. I don't really regard it as the first proper album.

• Ah yes, I should clarify that I didn't include FGTR in that comment. I don't really regard it as the first proper album.

A lot of fans don’t, I do. It’s only not in their boxed sets because supposedly Jonathan King wants a king’s ransom for the rights to it.