What are you listening to right now?

• Steve Hackett - Genesis Revisited

the first one, apparently. Besides some wonderful vocals by Paul Carrack, I always thought that Steve's version of Firth Of Fifth could be the definite one.

It's sad he wasn't as brave on GR2. GR had much more creativity.

the first one, apparently. Besides some wonderful vocals by Paul Carrack, I always thought that Steve's version of Firth Of Fifth could be the definite one.

Yes, but do you see any of the other Genesis band members doing anything close to preserving the band's history? He's the only one who's cared enough to put the effort into reviving the Genesis catalogue for fans, new and old.

I will concede the debut was more adventurous but I found I just didn't care for his take on some of those songs, particularly those that strayed well away from the original. It's been a while since I played it, but I recall feeling track by track it was hit or miss.

GR2, on the other hand, I thoroughly enjoyed.

I agree with this entirely, GR2 is a missed opportunity, and sadly, Steve hasn't made a great album since (Squacket preceded it as a recording) FoF is definitely a better version on GR.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Yes, but do you see any of the other Genesis band members doing anything close to preserving the band's history? He's the only one who's cared enough to put the effort into reviving the Genesis catalogue for fans, new and old.

I will concede the debut was more adventurous but I found I just didn't care for his take on some of those songs, particularly those that strayed well away from the original. It's been a while since I played it, but I recall feeling track by track it was hit or miss.

GR2, on the other hand, I thoroughly enjoyed.

Well, to me GR2 it was a bit too straight, i.e. he was sticking too much to the originals. Some tracks made me smile, such as The Lamia, as it lives with Nik's great vocals. But other stuff does somehow sound like a copy of the original, and I still think he could have done better here. Back then I remember he also said he didn't have enough time.

GR1 was a real suprise for me, not only the wonderful Déja Vu, but especially tracks like FoF and FoS, which sound so different from the original versions.

• Renaissance - A Symphonic Journey -2018(Live)

Just brilliant!!.........8)

Excellent sound :)

The British progressive-rock pioneers of Renaissance, featuring legendary lead vocalist Annie Haslam, return to NJPAC with their new Symphonic Journey tour, a one-of-a-kind musical experience featuring many of the group’s greatest hits, all backed by the rich sound of the Renaissance Chamber Orchestra.

For nearly five decades now, Annie Haslam’s angelic, five-octave voice and the brilliant songwriting and musicianship of the late Michael Dunford have remained at the core of Renaissance. Known for a signature blend of progressive rock, folk and classical music, the group has produced a series of timeless albums including Turn of the Cards, Scheherazade & Other Stories, and their most recent, 2014’s Symphony of Light.

Since its re-formation in 2009, Renaissance has toured internationally to universal acclaim, including engagements at prestigious venues like New York’s Carnegie Hall (with the New York Philharmonic) and London’s Royal Albert Hall (with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra).

The current Renaissance lineup includes Annie Haslam (lead vocals); Rave Tesar (keyboards); Leo Traversa (bass guitar); Tom Brislin (keyboards); Frank Pagano (drums), and Mark Lambert (acoustic guitars).

Edited 4 times, last by Noni ().

• Water - Damburst -1976 - Netherlands

Symphonic. 8)    :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Aggression & Water, could well be a great sound track for a movie!

Those that love Stackridge and Supertramp will love this band on both albums. ;)

Edited 6 times, last by Noni ().