Start and End Times

• In Birmingham it was doors open at 6.30pm. Genesis on at just gone 8pm. There was no opening act, the only time I saw a support act for Genesis was Invisible Touch at Wembley Stadium where Paul Young was support and he went down like a coal scuttle of vomit. Bottles were being thrown towards the stage. Heady days!

• In Birmingham it was doors open at 6.30pm. Genesis on at just gone 8pm. There was no opening act, the only time I saw a support act for Genesis was Invisible Touch at Wembley Stadium where Paul Young was support and he went down like a coal scuttle of vomit. Bottles were being thrown towards the stage. Heady days!

Ahh.. so doors open at 6:30, but Genesis didn't start their set until 8? That's good news. I won't stress out about getting there in time now! Thanks for the info.

• On Monday night it was much quicker than I expected. I was a bit miffed that we had to go through a metal detector to get in - the security guy asked me to hand over my phone so it didn't set it off. Only later I realised that he'd probably held hundreds of other peoples phones during the course of the evening - not exactly an ideal situation for a supposed 'covid secure' venue.

At a Hammersmith Odeon gig recently they had the arch but you put your phone in a plastic tray yourself which was then slid across to you after you'd stepped through the arch for you to retrieve. No contact by staff.

Abandon all reason

I went to one of those but thankfully PY didn't get as bad a reception as you witnessed. I always found him pretty dull but bottle-throwing is just pure wank-headed thuggery.

Like you that was the only time I ever saw them with a support act. My brother saw Richie Havens support them in 1977, either at the Rainbow or Earls Court.

Abandon all reason