Roundhouse 1970

• So as many of you know the fabled Roundhouse film included not just Genesis but apparently Bowie too. I thought it couldnt hurt to ask of any Bowie nuts in the Steve Hofan Forum knew anything about it. There was the alleged screening in England but my own personal efforts resulted in not finding a single person in attendance assuming it happened who could say anything about it

The guy with the film had an I Turner presence trying to raise money for restoration or so he claimed but all contacts for him are now descends and no recent t year info exists. Well for what it's worth AI for a response in a Bowie thread saying the guy had been there, seen it, and the Genesis material was the highlight. Unfortunately he said no more. I figured a polite pm to ask of he might please tell me more about what he saw and heard couldnt hurt. I'll update of O get any response. Of course if any of you saw it, please tell what songs did they have or extra footage sile r or otherwise beyond what we've all seen on the short YouTube video and audio snippet of stagnation.

In case it's of use here is my post andthe response. By all means I'd any of you have an SH forum account and are better question ask see fo ahes bur I asked by PM the relevant stuff so as said if a response is received I'll share it.

Personally I think its utter crap management didnt pay the guy even if pricey considering they must have the funds I'dthey really wanted it. Genesis is no hole on the wall band even if not as lucrative as the Beatles FFS it's their earliest documentation, how does one not care enough about or to get it...

mythnormadman
    Someone has to smoke the sky

bluedemon25 said:
    What happened wi4h the roundhouse 1970 film of the atomic sunrise Festival? I know it was advertised as being shown. In England for a few nights. Whether that went through in reality I don't know. The guy who has the private copy that was to put together the airing in theaters was and has been hard ro find any extant fo tact information from. He apparently wanted a "ridiculous" amount so it was claimed to provide a copy or part with it. have heard the rumors that Yoko Ono was involved in financing or setting it up and so maybe a copy exists in apple. I come to ask this having been made aware as a Genssis nut and both Bowie and Genesis having been filmed at this show ( and in Genesis's case its rhe earliest known footage of them). I assume this would be the earliest video of Bowie, is that correct? It definitely exists, snippets by the holder of the Genesis portion were released. No one I the Genesis fandom seems to know anything beyond what I summarized. Anyone here amongst the Bowie experts know anything else? Small glimmer of hope that maybe through Bowie fans it will see light one day and in doing so the Genssis portion too.

The film showing did happen, I went. The highlight was the Genesis footage
  • mythnormadmanSomeone has to smoke the sky

bluedemon25 said:
    What happened wi4h the roundhouse 1970 film of the atomic sunrise Festival? I know it was advertised as being shown. In England for a few nights. Whether that went through in reality I don't know. The guy who has the private copy that was to put together the airing in theaters was and has been hard ro find any extant fo tact information from. He apparently wanted a "ridiculous" amount so it was claimed to provide a copy or part with it. have heard the rumors that Yoko Ono was involved in financing or setting it up and so maybe a copy exists in apple. I come to ask this having been made aware as a Genssis nut and both Bowie and Genesis having been filmed at this show ( and in Genesis's case its rhe earliest known footage of them). I assume this would be the earliest video of Bowie, is that correct? It definitely exists, snippets by the holder of the Genesis portion were released. No one I the Genesis fandom seems to know anything beyond what I summarized. Anyone here amongst the Bowie experts know anything else? Small glimmer of hope that maybe through Bowie fans it will see light one day and in doing so the Genssis portion too.

The film showing did happen, I went. The highlight was the Genesis footage
  • The Roundhouse Atomic Sunrise film, when last I heard (and this was some years ago) is archived away at EMI. Many years ago I attempted to obtain the full 20 minute Genesis portion of this as I had a good contact who worked at EMI. I was close, very close but Gail Colson starting sniffing around and was asking my emissary (if you will) why he was making inquiries about access to the footage, so sadly, that put an end to the mission for he didn't want to lose his job, understandably. Yoko Ono (YUCK) also is reputed to have a copy of this that she shot herself, with audio sound track. I knew someone who was trying to get it from her a long time ago but she couldn't find it (so she said).

• do we know anything about what was seen when it was shown in twrms of which songs footage exists for? What about into on what exists audiowise. Anything beyond ehats been posted on youtube? Any setlists regardless of whether footage exists to tell us what they played that night?

• Official Post

That's indeed interesting. Makes me wonder how they will do it when things are in the hands of EMI/Universal, regarding copyrights. We'll see soon, I guess!

• Yes, it has been FRUSTRATING for you. I quite understand!

Frustrating for me never finding ANYONE - except David Bowie - interested in getting it to you!!!

Well, this year all things are more possible. Rest assured, I'll try my hardest.

By the way, Yoko Ono was never involved. EMI have not got a copy. And I've NEVER asked Genesis for money. It's never been for sale.

Speak soon.

• I notice that this is in the Boot and Torrent section of the Forum.

As 'Boot and Torrent' were/are an ongoing problem facing me - and anyone trying to do things legally - any future information and responses will be given in another section.

I am a novice at using a Forum so bear with me while I set that up : )

Thanks

• Official Post

I notice that this is in the Boot and Torrent section of the Forum.

As 'Boot and Torrent' were/are an ongoing problem facing me - and anyone trying to do things legally - any future information and responses will be given in another section.

I am a novice at using a Forum so bear with me while I set that up : )

Thanks

well, the topic may be more fitting elsewhere so I will check a new subforum for that. It’s not a big deal anyway (where the info is posted). Once something gets released, it will be published in the news section of our websites anyway

• Thanks Christian

Lots of rubbish about Atomic Sunrise has spread online over the years and then eventually accepted as true. Things like it was found in a skip, a large amount of money asked of Genesis etc etc - all totally untrue. From quotes, even the members of Genesis think the latter is true!

So I think you will understand that I cannot risk comments being associated in any way with an area dedicated to things that may be 'shady' - and add in any way to that perception.

I suppose I could start my own thread elsewhere on your forum?

Thanks again

• Official Post

Go ahead

either in the "Genesis Music board" or "You Might Recall"

they are listed here

GENESIS Discussion

• Official Post

This has just been uploaded:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Does anyone know what they actually played at Roundhouse VS what was actually recorded? I assume as often not every song for recorded. I remember I think there was a snippet of stagnation audio a band member has turned up but what else do we KNOW or at least suspect was recorded?

I wish the guy would actually for once answer. Every time he appears and says people say x y and z I'm ready and willing and interested to hear from him tell his story but he never seems to anywhere I can see. Just instead repeats frustrations with stated claims others made and disappears to never tell us anything.

• this is tangentially related but I thought possible worth sharing. I saw discussion in the SH music forum on a Bowie thread about his performance at AS festival. More specifically it said there would be a streaming event of it late Sept (22nd IIRC). This info comes by way of a YouTube Bowie at Roundhouse video posted and in the comments the owner clarified the streaming date. Whether it is a portion the whole thing including Genesis or just Bowie as usual info was extremely limited. Let me pass the place I saw this mentioned for Amy interestes to see themselves:

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.