GENESIS - Live At Wembley Stadium (DVD) - a reassessment 2023

• Also amusing is being reminded of all the different interpretations (another given here) of spelling out PC's crowd refrain during and after Throwing. Any more for any more?!

Abandon all reason

• Well, let's put the fast they didn't include the Cage medly aside.

The TIOA medley was something that seemed to fit the time in the eighties. Might be different now, but it is what it is - a film of a concert in the eighties.

Personally, I quite enjoy this medley. I can understand other do not.

The lengthy introductions to songs was always something I found strange. They could have played another track (or two) instead indeed!

• The lengthy introductions to songs was always something I found strange. They could have played another track (or two) instead indeed!

Something a lot of folks don't realize is that those bits of banter give everyone a minute or two to catch their breath, take a sip, and get ready for the next song. Those little gaps are a necessary part of managing stamina and endurance to play through a show like theirs.

• Something a lot of folks don't realize is that those bits of banter give everyone a minute or two to catch their breath, take a sip, and get ready for the next song. Those little gaps are a necessary part of managing stamina and endurance to play through a show like theirs.

Yes. All part of the tempo of the show. And it's something they had from the very early days, it was part of their thing. There are plenty of bands that just go from one song to the next - the Pixies come to mind. It's a different experience, but I for one like the bit of interaction.

• I agree with the above comments that the long speeches/introductions etc are necessary, for the reasons given. This argument of "there's 12 minutes of speeches, that could be one or two songs" doesn't take the above points, or the general nature of gigs, into account.

Abandon all reason

• To continue on that point, if I was going to swap out anything for an extra song it would be the medley of old rock hits in TIOA, and perhaps a round or two of "zee-za-daayeeyay". But even then you'd have space for what, Aisle of Plenty? Harold the barrel? Boy, those would have confused the Wembley crowd.