PETER GABRIEL | 13 June 2023 FRANKFURT - Festhalle (i/o: The Tour) ***SPOILER***

• Official Post

PETER GABRIEL - i/o: The Tour 2023

13/06/2023 FRANKFURT - Festhalle

Setlist:

Jetzt Kommt Die Flut

Growing Up (Acoustic version)

Panopticom

Four Kinds Of Horses

i/o

Digging In The Dirt

Playing For Time

Olive Tree

This Is Home

Sledgehammer

Darkness

Love Can Heal

Road To Joy

Don’t Give Up

The Court

Red Rain

And Still

Big Time

Live And Let Live

Solsbury Hill

In Your Eyes

Biko

All tour dates

Post your show comments, photos etc here.

• Official Post

Unique venue shape in Frankfurt, so no screens at the sides and it looks like no transparent screen at the beginning of part two

Photos by Ralf K and Ivo L

• Official Post

The show stated rather unusual. Peter’s keyboard didn’t work and he went back to his main one to the first two tracks

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

This is Darkness - without the curtain

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Peter mentioned a couple of doctors in the audience yesterday and thanked them for their help when he was seriously ill (?) a couple of years ago. Never heard of that. But great they could help.

Keyboard Fuck-Up was hilarious. People shouted "Supper's Ready" and "The Knife", which kind of annoys me usually but in this situation it was just funny.

• Official Post

The show stated rather unusual. Peter’s keyboard didn’t work and he went back to his main one to the first two tracks

That happens when you play live. Thanks for sharing, a great moment!

Peter mentioned a couple of doctors in the audience yesterday and thanked them for their help when he was seriously ill (?) a couple of years ago. Never heard of that. But great they could help.

Yes, so obviously the rumors a while back were true then? Saying Peter was seriously sick ..,

Good to know they could help.

• Official Post

I didn’t know he was seriously sick…

no-one was. It surprised many in Frankfurt. I also heard some rumors a while ago but never paid much attention.

• I thought that it was his wife who was sick, and he took a few years off to help take care of her. Here's a news story from 2018 about her recovery due to technological advances and his advocacy for more people to have access to them.

The doctors mentioned in the article are from Cambridge, MA in the U.S., so perhaps strange they would be at a show in Germany -- still, is there any chance this is what he was referring to at the show?

• Official Post

No, the doctors are from Tübingen, Germany and this was clearly not about his wife, which is another story. He talked about himself. That’s something we obviously were not aware of

• No, the doctors are from Tübingen, Germany and this was clearly not about his wife, which is another story. He talked about himself. That’s something we obviously were not aware of

Wow -- that's scary. Glad he is on the other side of it. (And of course the "like" is for the clarification of information and correcting my assumptions, not about the news of his illness.)