PETER GABRIEL | 13 September 2023 MONTREAL, QC - Bell Centre (i/o: The Tour) ***SPOILER***

• Official Post

PETER GABRIEL - i/o: The Tour 2023

13 September 2023 MONTREAL, QC - Bell Centre

Setlist:

Washing Of The Water
    Growing Up
    Panopticom

Four Kinds Of Horses

i/o

Digging In The Dirt

Playing For Time

Olive Tree

This Is Home

Sledgehammer

Darkness
    Love Can Heal
    Road To Joy

Don’t Give Up

The Court

Red Rain

And Still

Big Time

Live And Let Live

Solsbury Hill

In Your Eyes

Biko

All tour dates and ticket info

Post your show comments, photos etc here.

Your 3 favorite tracks on i/o are ...?

Vote here

• So here I am at the Bell Centre. When tickets went on sale I balked at the prices and said there was no way I was paying that much for a concert. Well today I picked up a lower bowl ticket on Tik Pik for $52. So I sit here 20 minutes before the show in anticipation. I haven’t heard a single track from I/O yet. Life gets in the way sometimes. I guess I’m in for some surprises tonight. I have no idea what the setlist is but I’m pretty confident that I’ll be hearing Solsbury Hill at some point. 😂 I’ll post a review and some pics tomorrow.

• Official Post

Some people talked about a poor sound quality

I saw Peter at this venue in 2002 and the sound was really great.

In the end you will always have people who do not sit in the most perfect area for the best sound. But let's see what raeltheduke will tell us!

• Official Post

Another review, this time from Montreal

https://montrealgazette.com/ne…7d-b4a7-ba8927246c3a/amp/

• Apologies for the late review. The show far exceeded my expectations. His voice was impeccable. The setlist was very good. The show just flowed wonderfully. I’m so happy that I went. If any of you are debating whether or not to go to this show, you should go. You won’t be disappointed. Here’s a few pics.

• Some people talked about a poor sound quality

Yes, Peter’s voice was poor using the wireless mic for the first 2 songs. Sounded thin with a major lack of dynamic.

Otherwise, I’ve been disappointed by the show. Too many I/O songs (5 or 6 songs would have been sufficient to maintain the audience’s attention), and too many songs from So for the older material. Big Time wasn’t necessary…and not a single song from Security, which is my favorite album along with Us. And even for the « Us » songs selected, Come talk to me or Secret World would have been welcomed choices, instead of Digging in the dirt.

I’ve seen PG 4 times and that was sadly just an average show compared to the Up tour, or when PG ended the Up tour in Montreal in July 2003 on a smaller stage…that was an epic show!!!

• Official Post

Yes, Peter’s voice was poor using the wireless mic for the first 2 songs. Sounded thin with a major lack of dynamic.

Otherwise, I’ve been disappointed by the show. Too many I/O songs (5 or 6 songs would have been sufficient to maintain the audience’s attention), and too many songs from So for the older material. Big Time wasn’t necessary…and not a single song from Security, which is my favorite album along with Us. And even for the « Us » songs selected, Come talk to me or Secret World would have been welcomed choices, instead of Digging in the dirt.

I’ve seen PG 4 times and that was sadly just an average show compared to the Up tour, or when PG ended the Up tour in Montreal in July 2003 on a smaller stage…that was an epic show!!!

Well, you know. Peter has a new album and wants to play new music. He did those "I play the old stuff" tours a lot and now it's obviously time for new music. No wonder he plays so many songs from i/o. I saw two shows and I really embrace his way and I still think I saw my best ever Gabriel show in Dublin earlier this year (I have seen 30 shows since 1993).

So, when something is advertised as "i/o The Tour", we can expect him to play lots of new stuff. He did this in a similar way during the Grpowing Up Tour (only that almost all tracks were released). Of course you have the right to be disappointed, but this is not a tour of the past, it's one for the future. I can watch Secret World, San Jacinto etc on Blu-ray.

I am grateful Peter did it that way.

• Yes, Peter’s voice was poor using the wireless mic for the first 2 songs. Sounded thin with a major lack of dynamic.

Not sure what you did expect. New album means new music. The classics / "older material" are on DVD / Blue-ray anyway. Glad he played so many new tracks! Really enjoyed them.

• I saw Peter at this venue in 2002 and the sound was really great.

In the end you will always have people who do not sit in the most perfect area for the best sound. But let's see what raeltheduke will tell us!

Hi Christian and fans,

Excuse the delayed posting, I was travelling and have been catching up too!

It was a show that far exceeded my expectations, from start to finish, Peter Gabriel never disappoints. I can understand french he spoke but the acoustics were quite bad that night for voice only but music PA sound was outstanding.

I have some images but these are pretty much the same as the ones already posted here.

I am disappointed that Tony Levin has not posted anything on his image diary for the North American tour, hopefully when he has more time.

The set list as you all know was pretty much the same as the European set list but I would have liked to hear some of my favorites like San Jacinto, In the Air, Intruder, Games without frontiers and white shadow.

But I enjoyed especially Sledgehammer, Red rain, the artwork on the new songs and Big Time. The visuals are something to behold, Robert LePage has once again outdone himself!

I got the program that is very thick and heavy, worth the $40 and a baseball hat, I'm not much for T-shirts anymore and those has quite minimalistic design I might add. I would say it was a sell out.

In all, it was a great experience and I would never miss Peter if he comes back (sooner!)

- Steve Hackett plays in Montreal next week, also sold out.

• Official Post

You haven't seen Tony Levin's updates?

https://tonylevin.com/road-dia…abriel-io-tour-us-canada/

Thanks for your report :)