PETER GABRIEL | 21 October 2023 HOUSTON, TX - Toyota Center (i/o: The Tour)

• Official Post

PETER GABRIEL - i/o: The Tour 2023

21 October 2023 HOUSTON, TX - Toyota Center

Setlist:

Washing Of The Water
    Growing Up
    Panopticom
    Four Kinds Of Horses
    i/o
    Digging In The Dirt

Playing For Time

Olive Tree

This Is Home

Sledgehammer

Darkness
    Love Can Heal
    Road To Joy
    Don’t Give Up
    The Court
    Red Rain

So Much
    What Lies Ahead

Big Time

Live And Let Live

Solsbury Hill

The Tower That Ate People

In Your Eyes

Biko

All tour dates and ticket info

Post your show comments, photos etc here.

Your 3 favorite tracks on i/o are ...?

Vote here

• Official Post

Final show of the tour tonight!

• Looking at the setlist.fm page, seems like it was the longest show of the tour at 24 songs: both What Lies Ahead (after So Much and before Big Time) and The Tower That Ate People (the first encore, before In Your Eyes) were played.

The only tour songs that weren't played at the last show were Here Comes The Flood (which was only played as a swap-out for Washing of the Water) and And Still (which was swapped out for So Much these last few shows).

• Official Post

Looking at the setlist.fm page, seems like it was the longest show of the tour at 24 songs: both What Lies Ahead (after So Much and before Big Time) and The Tower That Ate People (the first encore, before In Your Eyes) were played.

The only tour songs that weren't played at the last show were Here Comes The Flood (which was only played as a swap-out for Washing of the Water) and And Still (which was swapped out for So Much these last few shows).

indeed this was the longest show of the tour

• A bit strange he decided to play "What lies ahead" again towards the end of the tour. I thought he dropped that one early on because he knew it won't be on the album ... :/

I thought the same. I really like the track though, and I’m keeping my fingers crossed that he might release this on the final full moon of the year (December 27th) as a kind of bonus 🤞 It’d be a bit rude to release a track on every full moon of the year apart from the very last one 😅

• A bit strange he decided to play "What lies ahead" again towards the end of the tour. I thought he dropped that one early on because he knew it won't be on the album ... :/

I think it makes sense to reintroduce it now at the end of the tour.

Clearly a song he wanted to play live, he introduced it early and then dropped it since it would have been strange to have a song to be an integral part of the setlist and not have that song appear on the new album. But towards the end of the tour, what with people already largely familiar with the i/o material, he could reintroduce it without stealing any thunder from the new album and songs that are actually part of it. Had he suddenly dropped a completely unheard of song like Put the Bucket Down people would be going crazy right now and talk about it instead of i/o.

I think of it as a gentle reminder — with just the right amount of emphasis — that there indeed is more to come after i/o. I'd imagine this is also his way of saying that we don't have to worry it's going to end up in complete obscurity even if it's not on this album.

• My old friend Mike who lives in Houston (I am in Canada now), recorded the whole show like he always does,

problem with his recordings is that he focuses mostly on the performer and not the visuals. But here it is:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

click on where it says "watch the whole show" during Peter's introduction to the final show.

• Official Post

Thanks

I must say, those youtibe videos are not really my cup of tea (especially whole shows, I do watch certain songs to get an impression, though) so I am really happy they filmed shows professionally.