Lamb movie or play in the works?

• from an interview with Rael himself, 11 years ago. What happened? Is it still a possiblity?:

One thing that’s constantly speculated upon is the possibility of Genesis regrouping to play the whole of The Lamb LiesDown On Broadway live. And Gabriel has something of a surprise for all those who are keen to see this happen.

“I’ve spoken at length with the others about doing something along those lines. But what we’ve talked about is not doing the album live, but using it as the basis for a film or a musical. To take the storyline and develop that into something more coherent. I wouldn’t say that we’re a long way down the line with this idea. However, I would expect this to happen in the not too distant future.

“Would there be many changes to the actual songs? I know people assume I’d want to completely overhaul them. But that’s based on nothing I’ve said. I would expect the songs to remain as they were all those years ago.”

https://www.loudersound.com/fe…-gabriel-guide-to-success

Edited once, last by Beeski: wrong link ().

• Official Post

to be honest, I do not think this is still a relevant options. Why not? Well, listen to the song "So Much". I think he has other priorities ...

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• Absolutely no chance. Very interesting that PG is thinking that way even now but his train goes like The Rocket, that's the original 1829 Rocket that was extremely innovative and went about an average speed of 10 mph but managed 30 mph at times before it broke down . He said they're not a long way along the line. Even when Peter Gabriel gets down the line his not to distant future is different from from the rest of us mere mortals. He can't even release his own completed album until it's the perfect time which I'm beginning to think will be sometime never. To get the other 3 or 4 to all work together at a pace he is happy with seems to me to be a remote possiblity. It will hit snag after snag and if it gets past that it will probably hit a snag. So if they all live to be a hundred and l make to my 90s something may emerge which I could hear, once they get around to deciding what format any release would take. Having said I hope very much. I'm wrong.

• But... it's out on 1 December isn't it?

Anyway, no there'll never be a Lamb play or film.

Oh good I didn't know.

Eventually. . Hope it doesn't hit a.snag!

I haven't checked this site through properly for a few days. I've put something on it the thread. I'd like the boxed set which comes out on March 8th provided there are no delays of course.

• I think there's a potential fringe-style play to be based on the making of the Lamb album. It's got drama, conflict, tension and rats. From their description of Headley Grange the setting would be quite striking. It'd have the band's own admitted lack of understanding of PG's family situation. Friedkin's intervention and its ensuing disruption would feature. Strong basis for a stage piece.

Abandon all reason