New Genesis Album?

• I think it is very unlikely that we will ever get further jams and works-in-progress a la Mama. What is more within the realm of possibility is properly recorded live performances that have not been released, perhaps for "deluxe" editions of existing live albums. I still think this is unlikely as they had the chance to release more of these for the Archive editions and the box sets.

• I think it is very unlikely that we will ever get further jams and works-in-progress a la Mama. What is more within the realm of possibility is properly recorded live performances that have not been released, perhaps for "deluxe" editions of existing live albums. I still think this is unlikely as they had the chance to release more of these for the Archive editions and the box sets.

Definitely agree with this. They've had multiple chances to "optimize" for lack of a better term, their live releases and have chosen not to. Ergo they likely won't if the opportunity arises again.

I believe the band is done and I'm delighted with what we have. I'm not expecting more. I'll buy it if it ever appears.

• I agree it's unlikely we'll see any unfinished (or refinished) studio bits released, but I'm willing to bet we will see expanded live releases at some point.

While the band has a long history of holding things back in odd ways, we've seen just as often examples of them releasing things in a more complete fashion later on as circumstances change.

Just a couple quick examples are the incomplete Rainbow 1974 on Archive 1 later being offered as a complete show in the black live album box. Similarly, some of the non album tracks left off of Archive 2 due to the band's low opinion of them were later released in the blue box.

Genesis has always been a "never say never" kind of band, and while some of their opinions have stood the test of time they have often changed their minds about certain things.

I really think seeing expanded live albums is going to come down to someone being willing to fund such a project. With new owners wanting new income I think more releases are a question of when rather than if.