Slow Dance reissue

• Cherry Red are releasing what looks very much like a reissue of the 2017 reissue of Slow Dance, but without the 5.1 surround mix.

Details here:

Anthony Phillips: Slow Dance, 2CD Jewel Case Edition - Cherry Red Records

One of my favourite albums by anybody, but I'm slightly disappointed that this has been prioritised over other Ant albums that haven't yet had the Cherry Red magic dust sprinkled on them.

• I agree, can’t follow the logic of that. I’ve been wondering what the next release would be and I didn’t see that coming!

• One of my favourite albums by anybody, but I'm slightly disappointed that this has been prioritised over other Ant albums that haven't yet had the Cherry Red magic dust sprinkled on them.

This hasn't been prioritised over other releases - the pressing of the 2017 release had sold out some time ago and as one of the key titles in Ant's catalogue he wanted to keep the album readily available. The fact that it's coming out ahead of any more re-issues of Ant's albums is purely down to timing - Cherry Red agreed to reissue the album as a 2 CD set in a jewel case and found a slot for it in their release schedule for January that fits in with everything else they have coming out in the early part of next year.

• This hasn't been prioritised over other releases - the pressing of the 2017 release had sold out some time ago and as one of the key titles in Ant's catalogue he wanted to keep the album readily available. The fact that it's coming out ahead of any more re-issues of Ant's albums is purely down to timing - Cherry Red agreed to reissue the album as a 2 CD set in a jewel case and found a slot for it in their release schedule for January that fits in with everything else they have coming out in the early part of next year.

And presumably a reissue of an existing pressing is much easier than a remaster of something else, so it makes sense.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• ......and found a slot for it in their release schedule for January that fits in with everything else they have coming out in the early part of next year.

Thanks for the update, Jonathan. I'm looking forward to what the new year has in store.

• The reissue has been postponed and will now be released at the end of March.

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!