FORUM update today / tomorrow

• Official Post

We will update the forum software so the forum might be unavailable for an hour or so.

Once the new version is live, we will also run some tests.

• Official Post

Ok, this will take a bit longer than expected. If all works well, you'll hardly notice anything, apart from the forum being unavailable at times (you will see a notification then).

• You may have seen that we now have some more reaction smileys in posts. I can easily change the heart in favor of a thumbs up smiley if you prefer that.

Opinions?

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• Still no dislike button!

That won’t happen!

In our German forum, we have three reaction smileys.

Like, thanks and haha. The majority didn’t want the other two.

cheers

Christian

• Thanks for all the work that must be going into this.

As for likes/hearts. I'm probably being a curmudgeon, but I've never sent an emoji to anyone. I used to 'like' a lot of posts and if I've understood correctly that's the main way people amass points. I doubt I'll be sending pink hearts to anyone anytime soon, so I hope that's not the end of likes. A cheery thumbs up seems much more appropriate than a heart, but maybe I'm just too old.......

• That won’t happen!

In our German forum, we have three reaction smileys.

Like, thanks and haha. The majority didn’t want the other two.

Makes a like button meaningless, but whatever!

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

As for likes/hearts. I'm probably being a curmudgeon, but I've never sent an emoji to anyone. I used to 'like' a lot of posts and if I've understood correctly that's the main way people amass points. I doubt I'll be sending pink hearts to anyone anytime soon, so I hope that's not the end of likes. A cheery thumbs up seems much more appropriate than a heart, but maybe I'm just too old.......

That’s actually the line of thinking in our German forum as well, so I will probably change that!

cheers

Christian

Agreed. In fact - 👍

Abandon all reason