UNCUT Ultimate Music Guide (PETER GABRIEL)

• Uncut has published a special edition about the work of Peter Gabriel, called The Ultimate Music Guide: Peter Gabriel.

It contains classic interviews, in depth reviews of all albums and some special stories

See also our news item here:

/ Peter Gabriel: Ultimate Music Guide (UNCUT)

uncut_tumg_pg_2024.jpg

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• Is the Genesis issue worth the money? Thinking about buying this one ...

I've seen a few of these sorts of Genesis magazine specials and always find them overpriced and on balance not worth it. I wouldn't buy one now unless it had some very specific aspect that lured me.

Abandon all reason

• Is the Genesis issue worth the money? Thinking about buying this one ...

There are two, and I found them very enjoyable. They cover all eras, do extensive reviews of each album, summarise the solo careers & have a lot of interview.

• I bought it, wish I had not. It seems to consist of old interviews regurgitated and 're-evaluations' of LPs. To call it the "The Ultimate Music Guide" is a bit rich. It was clearly written before the I/O tour as it makes no mention of any part of the tour. Plenty of mistakes as well, the best one being the howler on page 41, a quote credited to 'Joey' Marotta! Save your money, wish I had, put the money I paid for this towards .The Rhythm Has My Soul: The Stories Behind The Songs,But that's just my opinion.

• I bought it, wish I had not. It seems to consist of old interviews regurgitated and 're-evaluations' of LPs. To call it the "The Ultimate Music Guide" is a bit rich. It was clearly written before the I/O tour as it makes no mention of any part of the tour.

Sorry to hear that. Your unfortunate experience sums up why I tend to avoid these 'specials' now, as I said earlier.

In your pic, on the left above and below the pull-quote, it does that irritating dumb 'from/to' thing that crops up in lazy journalism - "from Kate Bush's The Dreaming to Adam & the Ants' Kings of the Wild Frontier." What does that even mean? What's between those two on this stupid imaginary spectrum?

The aforementioned quote is of course from

'Joey' Marotta!

:rolleyes:

Abandon all reason

• I bought it, wish I had not. It seems to consist of old interviews regurgitated and 're-evaluations' of LPs. To call it the "The Ultimate Music Guide" is a bit rich. It was clearly written before the I/O tour as it makes no mention of any part of the tour. Plenty of mistakes as well, the best one being the howler on page 41, a quote credited to 'Joey' Marotta! Save your money, wish I had, put the money I paid for this towards .The Rhythm Has My Soul: The Stories Behind The Songs,But that's just my opinion.

Is there a review of i/o? These guides generally don't do tour reviews. But I'm used to the format, and I'm less concerned about regurgitation given that I may not have previously read at least some of it.