Run Out of Time: Has anyone else noticed...

• ...that "Run Out of Time" is longer on the 1983-1998 box set than it was on the original CD single?

On the CD single, it rather unexpectedly faded out while Ray was still singing "hard as I might try, I've run out of luck..."

On the box set, Ray finishes singing, and then there's an instrumental groove during which the song fades out.

The difference is around 20 seconds.

Little known fact: Before the crowbar was invented...

...crows simply drank at home.

• cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• OK, so you did... sorry, I didn't read that review.

No problem

I wasn’t sure myself. So I thought let’s see what we wrote in our review 😅

cheers

Christian

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• I will say that I like the new instrumental fade out that is on the Red Box bonus disc. The previous version gives the song kind of an "incomplete" feel-like they didn't know what else to do so they just faded it. With the instrumental, the fade sounds more intentional. Calling All Stations suffers from this too, IMO

• I will say that I like the new instrumental fade out that is on the Red Box bonus disc. The previous version gives the song kind of an "incomplete" feel-like they didn't know what else to do so they just faded it. With the instrumental, the fade sounds more intentional. Calling All Stations suffers from this too, IMO

I never noticed there was a difference between those two releases... =O

You are right about the fade-outs, the album could have been better, had they recorded and produced the tracks better.

I realized the other day that Gabriel's new album is more or less without fade outs...

... good things come to those who wait

• I never noticed there was a difference between those two releases... =O

You are right about the fade-outs, the album could have been better, had they recorded and produced the tracks better.

I realized the other day that Gabriel's new album is more or less without fade outs...

Agreed, I did think that interesting about PG's album...although, IIRC; Up didn't have many fade outs either-most of the songs on that album kind of had this...dwindling process where different sounds would stop, and just a couple percussion or keyboard sounds would be left just...lingering for several seconds.

Honestly, I kind of felt that fade-outs in general are considered somewhat "out of style," for lack of a better phrase. They were on almost ALL the pop songs in the 80's and even the 90's, but in the last couple decades, songs tend to end more abruptly. Certain pop songs even sound like the artist didn't realize the song was ending and they keep singing for a split second LOL!!!