Genesis Song Transitions

• I was listening to Trick of the Tail, and for me, unequivocally, the 3-4 second transition between the end of Entangled (with the hauntingly angelic voices singing) and the beginning of Squonk (with the massive drum intro) is the most perfect transition between Genesis songs on any of their 15 albums. Its excellent. How about for everyone else here, are there any transitions between Genesis songs that stand out as noteworthy for you, and why?

• All the transitions on side 1 of Selling England, possibly the most perfect track sequencing they ever did.

Obviously there are lots of seamless segues and cross-fades on The Lamb but I've always loved the initial one as the rumbling growling title track leads us into the dreamworld via the eerie intro of Fly.

Abandon all reason

• I was listening to Trick of the Tail, and for me, unequivocally, the 3-4 second transition between the end of Entangled (with the hauntingly angelic voices singing) and the beginning of Squonk (with the massive drum intro) is the most perfect transition between Genesis songs on any of their 15 albums.

The "Entangled"/"Squonk" transition came to my mind as soon as I saw the thread title.

“When the waitress asked if I wanted my pizza cut into four or eight slices, I said, ‘Four. I don’t think I can eat eight.’” -- Yogi Berra

• All the transitions on side 1 of Selling England, possibly the most perfect track sequencing they ever did.

Obviously there are lots of seamless segues and cross-fades on The Lamb but I've always loved the initial one as the rumbling growling title track leads us into the dreamworld via the eerie intro of Fly.

Those are amazing transitions on The Lamb, another similar one being the transition between the end of Behind the Lines and the beginning of Duchess on Duke. I love that fade into Duchess with that solitary segway. Not sure what that instrument is, but it’s a cool sound.