Lyric stuff ups live .

• Thought Id throw this out to everyone for a bit of fun , if its not already been covered .

I was listening to Genesis live at Manchester 07 ( I went to the Twickenham gig ) recently .Couldnt help but smile when I noticed at the beginning of Cage Phil sings the word Cave 😊He changes to Cage later in the song . I often wondering if after the gig the boys rib him about that.

Ive noticed he gets a bit messed up on throwing and confusion on other recordings .

Any body else noticed these little slips of the tongue ?? 😉PG,s also done a few if I recall , particularly on fishing net .

• Thought Id throw this out to everyone for a bit of fun , if its not already been covered .

I was listening to Genesis live at Manchester 07 ( I went to the Twickenham gig ) recently .Couldnt help but smile when I noticed at the beginning of Cage Phil sings the word Cave 😊He changes to Cage later in the song . I often wondering if after the gig the boys rib him about that.

Ive noticed he gets a bit messed up on throwing and confusion on other recordings .

Any body else noticed these little slips of the tongue ?? 😉PG,s also done a few if I recall , particularly on fishing net .

Ummm...I hate to mention this, but the lyric early on is "cave" - it switches to "cage" later even in the studio version original with Peter:

http://genesismuseum.com/lamblyrics.htm

(scroll down to "In The Cage")

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...

• There is a part where Phil sings a different lyric in the live version of ITC. The original lyric is "In a trap, feel a strap. Holding still. Pinned for kill." Not exactly sure what Phil sings in that part but I'm pretty sure it's on both the TSL and Live Over Europe versions of the songs. Does anyone have any info on that? Like what the lyric is, when it originated and why?

• There is a part where Phil sings a different lyric in the live version of ITC. The original lyric is "In a trap, feel a strap. Holding still. Pinned for kill." Not exactly sure what Phil sings in that part but I'm pretty sure it's on both the TSL and Live Over Europe versions of the songs. Does anyone have any info on that? Like what the lyric is, when it originated and why?

The different lyric was discussed in another thread (here). Basically, I hear Phil singing "Feel the fear, dressed to kill."

Little known fact: Before the crowbar was invented...

...crows simply drank at home.

• Thanks for that oftv , thats something ive never noticed before , I shall have to dig out the original .

No problem! I've learned lots of stuff about the band here and on the old forum. I guess that's why forums such as this exist in the first place. :thumbup:

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...

• On the 67-75 Archive Lamb live, on Anyway, PG sounds like he sings "(something-something) fish" instead of "time to meet the chef". A nice bit of in-the-moment authenticity in his overdubs there.

Abandon all reason

• On the 67-75 Archive Lamb live, on Anyway, PG sounds like he sings "(something-something) fish" instead of "time to meet the chef". A nice bit of in-the-moment authenticity in his overdubs there.

Yes, he sings "time to meet the fish." I wonder if he got tongue-tied on "chef."

Little known fact: Before the crowbar was invented...

...crows simply drank at home.

• One of my fave PG tracks is family and fishingnet .On the So "87 re mastered live I cant for the life of me figure out what hes singing here : " memories crash on mummble ?**mummble ??? waves, the lifeguards ....."

Its as though hes forgotten the words n just filling in with made up stuff ?!

Apologies to PG in advance if im incorrect .😕