Genesis in the media

• Not competition to me, just a collector adding to what he has + I enjoy Robert's books, he was a long time photographer of the band, the number of photos he took of the group easily is into the 1000's.

I get that, and totally understand about book production costs. But I found the Lamb pics underwhelming and don't feel like dropping another ton on them.

(That's my opinion but I checked with Melvin and he agrees).

Abandon all reason

• To be fair, Robert's history with the band spans from 1971 through to 1987. The only tour he didn't cover was the 1976 Trick Of The Tail tour.

He photographed plenty of their tours, sometimes the tour rehearsals, weddings (Peter Gabriel's to Jill, Phil's to Andrea and later on Jill Tavelman). Robert also photographed Six Of The Best, the 1976 Wind and Wuthering tour rehearsals, some of the Lamb mixing sessions at Basing Street studios etc.

He also got behind the scenes on the Lamb, Wind and Wuthinger, And Then There Were Three, Abacab tour Encore (3 SL) tour, and Mama tour, Invisible touch tour etc

He has a huge archive, he has made it clear that whilst he is covering the Lamb era he is not reprinting elements of his former Lamb book. Whilst Robert is not Armando, Robert's photography style is different he has had similar access to the band.

His photo books might be a bit higher priced than most, but they are quality work and truly limited in edition.

Here is an interview our sister website conducted with Robert, https://theeviljam.co.uk/2015/…es-down-on-broadway-book/

Robert doesn't place every photo he has into his books, they are chosen with care and attention.

What you do with your spare cash/money is entirely you're choice, this is another book we'll be buying.

Kind regards,

TGA

• What you do with your spare cash/money is entirely you're choice, this is another book we'll be buying.

Kind regards,

TGA

For sure, if it isn't within someone's budget or whatever, well, that isn't Robert's fault. I like his work every bit as much as Gallo's, I greatly enjoy his Lamb book and am looking forward to his next publication in May.

• Can someone explain who is responsible for the costing of the book and why they have decided to put the book out at such a relatively high price? I'm sure I'm one of many fans who would love to have such a book but, frankly, to expect people to shell out this kind of money for a book of photographs is a bloody cheek. Even if I had the disposable income to afford it, I still wouldn't buy it.

I feel we live in a world where the majority of folk know the cost of everything and the value of nothing.

• Can someone explain who is responsible for the costing of the book and why they have decided to put the book out at such a relatively high price? I'm sure I'm one of many fans who would love to have such a book but, frankly, to expect people to shell out this kind of money for a book of photographs is a bloody cheek. Even if I had the disposable income to afford it, I still wouldn't buy it.

I feel we live in a world where the majority of folk know the cost of everything and the value of nothing.

You are under no obligation to get it and your complaining isn't going to lower the price. The man has worked hard throughout his career and as I mentioned, putting these things together and publishing them IS NOT CHEAP. Do you think the man gets a discount or something working with printers, publishers and such? I don't think Robert will cry for your patronage so fine, DON'T BUY IT.

• To be blunt, GARBAGE. More errors than carter has pills. Hewitt needs a proof reader, as well as a fact checker. Up to you of course but my advice would be to not waste your money.

Clarence? Helena Bonham? The unstoppable sex machine? Get?

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Over your head.

Who's "Over Your Head Carter"?

Unarmed with a reference that makes sense, I'm assuming you mean Jimmy Carter, owing to his age. Should you ever get to be his age, and still have a mind as sharp as his, you'd be grateful to be propped up by pills, much as my mother is, being 2 years older.

Ian

• Who's "Over Your Head Carter"?

Unarmed with a reference that makes sense, I'm assuming you mean Jimmy Carter, owing to his age. Should you ever get to be his age, and still have a mind as sharp as his, you'd be grateful to be propped up by pills, much as my mother is, being 2 years older.

I mean't it's over YOUR HEAD, in that, you don't understand. Carter's little pills was a product that came out long before you were born. Has nothing to do with Jimmy Carter, Bonham Carter or whatever, GET IT?

• I mean't it's over YOUR HEAD, in that, you don't understand. Carter's little pills was a product that came out long before you were born. Has nothing to do with Jimmy Carter, Bonham Carter or whatever, GET IT?

Bloody hell calm down. You could've just told us that straight off!

Abandon all reason

• I mean't it's over YOUR HEAD, in that, you don't understand. Carter's little pills was a product that came out long before you were born. Has nothing to do with Jimmy Carter, Bonham Carter or whatever, GET IT?

American product presumably? I'm in England. If I said Benylin, I guess you'd be stumped!

Ian

• You are under no obligation to get it and your complaining isn't going to lower the price. The man has worked hard throughout his career and as I mentioned, putting these things together and publishing them IS NOT CHEAP. Do you think the man gets a discount or something working with printers, publishers and such? I don't think Robert will cry for your patronage so fine, DON'T BUY IT.

Way to not answer a simple question.