What are you listening to right now?

• A Night At The Opera - Queen

(I forgot how much I like the whole album, beyond "Bohemian Rhapsody" and "You're My Best Friend", that is.)

First Queen album I bought, played it to death, still got the vinyl too. At the time, Bohemian Rhapsody was new and exciting, not overplayed like it is now. Only song on that album I wasn't fussy on was Sweet Lady.

• The Windmill - Tribus (2018)........Norway

Symphonic

The singer reminds me of - Roye Albrighton from Nectar

What an excellent album indeed!...8) Full marks from me :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Edited 2 times, last by Noni ().

• Violette Sounds - Wild And Blue (2018)...Belgium and Germany

Jazz/Psychedelic / Progressive Rock

Violette Sounds started in 2013 as a project of drummer Karl Henneberg. Their first album “Feelin’ Inside” presented atmospherical progressive rock with jazzy elements and attracted some attention and received good feedback in the German music scene.

Two years later after several concerts and tours a complete band has grown out of this project with following line-up: Karl Henneberg (drums), Moritz Schippers (keyboards), Sascha Mans (bass) and Henri Thönnissen (guitar). Violette Sounds is strongly marked by the different characters and musical influences of the band-members, united in creativity, zeal and vigor. Lead vocalist Axel Theorell completed the line-up ideally matched.

“Wild And Blue” is a “must have” for every fan of progressive rock music. The musicianship and production is faultless and the twists and turns constantly keep your attention throughout. The album has lots of atmosphere and is peculiarly uplifting in its mood and musical content.

Edited once, last by Noni ().

• From Mighty Oaks - Ray Thomas. In 5.1 surround * on my new 5.1 surround system. Taken the plunge at last, not a top end system , just a Denon AVR-X250BT and JBL Cinema 510 speakers. Special offer to Richer Sounds VIP customers, £299 the lot. Impressive though, and having accumulated several albums over recent times, 2 Moodies, 2 Tim Bowness, and at least 5 Steve Hackett albums, plus Ray's, I thought it was about time. All the DVD's too.

* Ray's album is only 4 channel, like the early Moodies albums, as they used the original 70's quad mixes, Done at Threashold, the Moodies own studio, and the first in the UK to be built with quad in mind.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!