The Thread Of Complete Randomness

• That's madder than Jessica Christ reciting Rawlinson End backwards on a pirouetting clockwork banana donkey.

You're talking about an oil tank for home heating?

Yep. Your analogy is perfect 😆.

To add to it, the damn furnace stopped working on a night when the temp went down to -13, so there we were in a freezing house with a useless tankful of liquid gold in the basement. Sometimes all you can do is laugh (while crying inside I suppose).

• Yep. Your analogy is perfect 😆.

To add to it, the damn furnace stopped working on a night when the temp went down to -13, so there we were in a freezing house with a useless tankful of liquid gold in the basement. Sometimes all you can do is laugh (while crying inside I suppose).

Not that we'd have chosen it for any house we own - the one we're currently renting is heated by a big woodstove that powers the hot water tank. So even when we had a power outage during recent storms we stayed warm (plus had some light from it too). Many of our neighbours have oil-powered heating which we'd heard was expensive even prior to the current shit-storm. We're not crazy about the wood-fired heating but wood prices have stayed fairly static at least.

Abandon all reason

• Not that we'd have chosen it for any house we own - the one we're currently renting is heated by a big woodstove that powers the hot water tank. So even when we had a power outage during recent storms we stayed warm (plus had some light from it too). Many of our neighbours have oil-powered heating which we'd heard was expensive even prior to the current shit-storm. We're not crazy about the wood-fired heating but wood prices have stayed fairly static at least.

That sounds like a pretty good setup. I wouldn't choose an oil furnace either but it came with the house. The house is also very, very old, so in addition to an oil furnace we have a gas boiler for radiators in some rooms, and some other rooms there are no vents or radiators, only electric baseboard heaters.

It's a heating horror show.

• On a train to Shoreditch and just been joined by a serial sniffer - every 10 seconds, very regular and very snotty-sounding - so on go the earphones.

Haven't these people ever heard of tissues?

Abandon all reason

• On a train to Shoreditch and just been joined by a serial sniffer - every 10 seconds, very regular and very snotty-sounding - so on go the earphones.

Haven't these people ever heard of tissues?

I think if it was me I'd be under arrest right for murder. . I would get off though. It would be seen as entirely justifiable by any reasonable jury or judge. No problem.

• I think if it was me I'd be under arrest right for murder. . I would get off though. It would be seen as entirely justifiable by any reasonable jury or judge. No problem.

I've never killed a serial sniffer but twice I've proffered a tissue (unused, of course). Once was a woman who looked embarrassed, smiled and said "sorry, thank you" and accepted it. The other time was a bloke who did the "you're not there" routine. The tissue went back unused in my pocket but I'm sure his Sniff Frequency reduced significantly after that.

Have you also encountered Serial Cougher? I don't mean those uncontrollable coughs where your throat is catching, but the ones that are like an exaggerated throat-clearing. I was on a train near a woman whose coughs were so loud they actually hurt my ears. Which in a way is sort of impressive if no less infuriating.

I saw a bloke doing this while he crushed an empty plastic water bottle into his face. Perhaps he thought doing this would help curb his coughing, I've no idea but the loud rendering of the plastic made quite an additional racket.

People, eh? They're a bunch of bloody idiots.

Abandon all reason

• Pure poetry (the last line) lol lol lol.

• Thought this was funny!:)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Don't bring your kids to court!^^

• Ma Sang-hyuk (the vice president of the Korean Vaccine Society) wrote on Facebook last week that "adults who have not yet been infected with COVID-19 are those who have interpersonal problems", according to Korean press.

That must be me then - did not realize I had those problems;)

“Without music, life would be a mistake”

• Ma Sang-hyuk (the vice president of the Korean Vaccine Society) wrote on Facebook last week that "adults who have not yet been infected with COVID-19 are those who have interpersonal problems", according to Korean press.

That must be me then - did not realize I had those problems;)

😂

There's a take I haven't seen. If you haven't had covid yet, you're an unsociable bastard.

Abandon all reason

• Is it me.? ! Do you think Bruce Willis is making too many movies in these last 3 years. :?: I've counted twelfth so far since 2018.

Bruce Willis is retiring from acting.:(

He has been diagnosed with a brain condition that effects his speech

• Bruce Willis is retiring from acting.:(

He has been diagnosed with a brain condition that effects his speech

Sad to see that. I enjoy a lot of his work. Always seemed to have a certain charisma and acting ability that his two main peers (Arnie and Stallone) lacked.

• Sad to see that. I enjoy a lot of his work. Always seemed to have a certain charisma and acting ability that his two main peers (Arnie and Stallone) lacked.

While he certainly could do the all-action guy, he also has a depth and range those other guys don't. Neither of them could've done The Sixth Sense or Unbreakable. Imagine Schwarzenegger - "You dead ghost sonofabitch!" (Or indeed Stallone - "Dwaa dwaaaa dwaaaaa dwaa-dwaa-dwaa-dwaaaaaaah!")

PS - I liked this tweet, see MNS's above it first.

Abandon all reason

• While he certainly could do the all-action guy, he also has a depth and range those other guys don't. Neither of them could've done The Sixth Sense or Unbreakable. Imagine Schwarzenegger - "You dead ghost sonofabitch!" (Or indeed Stallone - "Dwaa dwaaaa dwaaaaa dwaa-dwaa-dwaa-dwaaaaaaah!")

PS - I liked this tweet, see MNS's above it first.

That tweet is great. Hard not to read Willis' words in his John McClain "how can the same shit happen to the same guy twice?" voice.

Yes, I think he was a very good actor. Surprisingly understated a lot of the time, and had great comic timing too. He also wasn't afraid to branch out into pretty trippy stuff like the 5th element and twelve monkeys which I really loved.

• That tweet is great. Hard not to read Willis' words in his John McClain "how can the same shit happen to the same guy twice?" voice.

Yes I thought that too! In my mind it was totally that voice.

Often, how good an actor is depends on their choice of projects and as you say, he had quite a variety of roles. One I often think back to is his brief part in Fast Food Nation. It's just a few minutes but it shows that a good actor can leave their mark even in a short space of time.

Abandon all reason

• I got someone at work with this one. She's taking a trip to Ireland and I told her it might be helpful to know in advance of renting a car there. She bought it until I pointed out the date!! It brought me quite a modicum of joy on an otherwise grey day.