Version Living Forever with rehearsals in 1992

• Pretty underwhelming setlist on this tour in my opinion. Nothing close to “classic” stuff other than the Old Medley (which didn’t work to well for me on that tour—The Musical Box doesn’t fit well in the middle of a medley. It needs to be at the end). At least some of the early shows on the IT tour featured Supper’s Ready at the end of the old medley and Los Endos at the end of the setlist

• Precisely because for over 10 years Los Endos was all the time or In The Cage, those songs were thrown out. But the fact - they could add one or two songs from the 70s - for example Ripples, Eleventh Earl Of Mar or Carpet Crawlers permanently. But really, this setlist from 1992 is good for those who like this era from the 80s a bit more. Therefore, if these 3 albums from rehearsals in 1992 were ever released unofficially, I would be very happy.

• Precisely because for over 10 years Los Endos was all the time or In The Cage, those songs were thrown out. But the fact - they could add one or two songs from the 70s - for example Ripples, Eleventh Earl Of Mar or Carpet Crawlers permanently. But really, this setlist from 1992 is good for those who like this era from the 80s a bit more. Therefore, if these 3 albums from rehearsals in 1992 were ever released unofficially, I would be very happy.

I must have missed a step or two here. How did we get to "3 albums from rehearsals"?

• This has rapidly become the most simultaneously hyperactive yet boring thread in the history of the internet! :P

Close second I guess is the many versions of new PG songs being released in a "drip feed them until they die" form.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Why a boring thread? It's just that I really like the 1992 tour and a lot of fans do too. Of course, I like every tour, but the one from 1992 is one of the best for me. Dreaming While You Sleep, Mama, Driving The Last Spike, Fading Lights, Domino or No Son Of Mine are sensational. Living Forever and Way Of The World are great too. These songs always sound best at the beginning of a tour, during rehearsals. Plus, the 1992 rehearsal clip was actually watched by almost 100,000 people. Therefore, these rehearsal CDs would certainly be liked. But as it was written - you could make a box that Usapcfan wrote. Unfortunately, this is unreal.

• I'm just a collector (books on international politics too, cups from different countries, stamps) - and it's the same with Phil or Genesis concerts. And from rehearsals in 1992, when these songs sound the best. I will do everything to get them - but the task will not be completed for 99% of the time.

• I had no problem with the 1992 tour. Phil was in really good voice - still had fair range, but traded the raspy aggression for more warmth. Driving the Last Spike and particularly Fading Lights were great live workouts. Invisible Touch was much better in the lower key (not as strained). HBTS/2HBTS was more muscular. And although the Old Medley was my least favourite medley, opening with Dance On a Volcano was magnificent.

It's a shame Living Forever never made it beyond rehearsals as it sounds pretty good. I also wish the Drum Duet headed into something. Even if it didn't go into Los Endos, it could go into something else - maybe the Firth of Fifth instrumental and then the Musical Box closing section instead. Then the Old Medley could have just been DOAV intro TLLDOB into IKWIL.

• This is a really good tour. I know that there is not much progressive rock, there is not a single song from the Abacab album, there are too few instrumental parts. But I really like this setlist presented by Usapcfan and I would be really happy if these 3 CD from rehearsals came out even unofficially.

• 🤦‍♂️You had to ask...

Hee hee hee. I'm imagining Tony Banks looking at a shelf of products in his garden shed that he never bothered giving the green light to. Nestled in the middle is a tidy box labeled "Genesis rehearsals 1992" (it's between the boxes labelled "Genesis b-side rehearsals 1986" and "singer auditions 1996"). Every now and he pulls it out, mulls it over and thinks "nah", and puts it back.

• singer auditions 1996

Never mind that. What about the tapes of singer auditions 1975? Didn't they try 30 or 40? I think it's outrageous us fans have for these last 5 decades been deprived of the boxset that could clearly be harvested from those tapes. It'd be a huge seller.

Abandon all reason

• After all, I wrote that I was wrong - I meant 3 CD from one rehearsal. And besides, I wrote that the team is to NOT PARTICIPATE IN THIS. They take 10-15 sound engineers and make a video or remaster some unknown concert on CD. I also completed a marketing specialization and that is why I believe that in order to increase sales, it is not enough to publish only compilations. Just to increase sales, releasing something "unknown" before hand is essential. Even the rehearsals. But you have to want it. And this is worse.

• The team and Phil are completely lacking in marketing. To be honest, I'd kick the marketing people out of this team. But this is what I'm saying - dynamic young people should join there. Maybe if there were younger "advisors", then more of these concerts would be issued. But there isn't - it isn't. At most, there will be unofficial recordings and you have to ask about them.

• You also have to take advantage of the situation after The Last Domino tour. As long as relatively little time has passed since it, then the sales of these "unknown" recordings can be much better. The more time passes from this tour, people will forget about the band again for years - as it was after 2009. I'm amazed and don't understand how many of these record label and band people don't understand really simple things.

• I'm amazed and don't understand how many of these record label and band people don't understand really simple things.

It is indeed baffling that they haven't simply consulted you. It's the obvious thing to do. Dah! These label and band people, eh?

Abandon all reason

• Hahaha. It's obvious that I won't be working there. :) I live in a completely different country and I will not move out of it. I mean other younger people, they are just more dynamic, more energetic. :) It almost always is.

• Ive been to more Genesis,Gabriel,Hackett, Collins and tribute band gigs than I care to remember. They’ve all been in the UK so it might be different elsewhere. Looking at the audiences as a potential market for any Genesis stuff, never mind the early stuff, I’d say they were certainly people, occasionally and intermittently dynamic, almost never young. I know that’s not the same as the people who might be mooted as needed to market the stuff but I think they might have an uphill battle outside of the few hundred laudable souls who inhabit this forum. But I’d love to see it.