PETER GABRIEL - I/O: The Tour 2023 (general info)

• Solsbury ;)

Can't confirm that. I saw two shows of the tour and he was in a superb shape. Sometimes he get's lost, but that's his usual "forgetting the lyrics" thing.

Sorry, predictive text 🙄

I watch a couple and he was like talking through the song and was behind the tempo.

Just seemed strange compare to previous tours and of course the original song.

Could have done with slowing down a little the music part.

It's interesting that Genesis themselves admit they also were guilty of never lowering keys etc in the past to help themselves out (especially the singers).

• Same here. Attended two shows, no sign of any drag factor, and fewer lyric fluffs than I've seen before.

Plus he could've just had an off moment here or there across the tour-everyone makes mistakes. When I saw him in Milwaukee WI in 2002, he had a bunch of moments during that show: he missed his intro during Mercy Street-and chose to restart the song, then he sneezed during one of the quiet passages in Darkness, and lastly when closing with Father, Son, he kept getting distracted by the fireworks that were going on right accross from the stage area (it was an outdoor concert during Milwaukee's annual weeks-long Summerfest event, and there's fireworks every night).

Also of course, in this day and age where we can simply go on Youtube and look up almost every concert, we are well more aware of any mistakes an artist would make across their tour. Without that capability, people were limited to however the performance went during just the shows they themselves attended. When we're all aware of every possible example, the possibility of knowing about mistakes also goes up exponentially.

• I'm sorry, I know it's juvenile of me but the mental images of him sneezing during Darkness, and Father Son accompanied by fireworks, are making me laugh.

The sneeze moment actually was kind of funny!

Honestly I think mostly the crowd (and Peter) was kind of annoyed by the fireworks-since Father Son is such a quiet song, and was the closer!

• The sneeze moment actually was kind of funny!

Honestly I think mostly the crowd (and Peter) was kind of annoyed by the fireworks-since Father Son is such a quiet song, and was the closer!

Yes despite my childish sniggering I did think how irritated I'd be by fireworks during FS. I went on that tour too and found the closing performance of that heartfelt touching song, with just PG and TL, very moving. It would definitely be marred by bangs, pops, sizzles and flashed during it.

But the sneeze though... "And the monster I was - ACHHHAAA! (sniff) - so afraid of..."

Abandon all reason

• Yes despite my childish sniggering I did think how irritated I'd be by fireworks during FS. I went on that tour too and found the closing performance of that heartfelt touching song, with just PG and TL, very moving. It would definitely be marred by bangs, pops, sizzles and flashed during it.

But the sneeze though... "And the monster I was - ACHHHAAA! (sniff) - so afraid of..."

HAHA if I remember correctly (it WAS over 20 years ago after all), it WAS actually just before that line that he sneezed LOL

• Yes despite my childish sniggering I did think how irritated I'd be by fireworks during FS. I went on that tour too and found the closing performance of that heartfelt touching song, with just PG and TL, very moving. It would definitely be marred by bangs, pops, sizzles and flashed during it.

Funny you should say that, but I always have a snigger during Growing Up. First time I heard it I thought he sang "My GOATS like to travel" ................ and it's stuck in my mind ever since.

• Funny you should say that, but I always have a snigger during Growing Up. First time I heard it I thought he sang "My GOATS like to travel" ................ and it's stuck in my mind ever since.

If we're not careful we'll be into "Can't you feel arseholes ignite..." territory.

EDIT - or, sticking with PG, Lovetown - "Hold these nuts, so tightly tied" - ouch.

Abandon all reason

• If we're not careful we'll be into "Can't you feel arseholes ignite..." territory.

EDIT - or, sticking with PG, Lovetown - "Hold these nuts, so tightly tied" - ouch.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While we're on potty talk, my son and daughter always laugh so hard when in Games w/o Frontiers he sings "whistling tunes we piss on the dunes in the jungle!" Or my friends when I was in high school, hearing "...and Rico plays with it..."

Aaaahhh the minds of teenage boys.

• Those of you who have gone, is this a largely sit-down audience or a stand on your chair all night or somewhere in between?

Thinking of trying to get better tickets on the floor but I'm old and fat and my friends are short and not sure any of us want any sort of standing for hours on end ^^.

• Those of you who have gone, is this a largely sit-down audience or a stand on your chair all night or somewhere in between?

Thinking of trying to get better tickets on the floor but I'm old and fat and my friends are short and not sure any of us want any sort of standing for hours on end ^^.

I haven't been yet (going to Detroit show), but I think the stand on the chair thing is a thing of the past. I recently saw Duran Duran in the same arena Peter is playing, and there was a lot of standing. Even standing during the Nile Rodgers set.

• I did upgrade my tickets for a $10 fee at Ticketmaster, cut my distance to the stage in half once they started dropping prices. Found tickets for the same price I already had much closer now than when they went on sale.

• Hello friends of the forum.

It's been a few days since I've been online, and I'd like to say that I really liked the review of the Peter Gabriel concert written by this music fan. It is fresh and spontaneous.

• Apart from the i/o songs, which songs to choose?

Sledgehammer fits into the concert, as does Diggin in the dirt.

Introducing other songs is difficult in a very varied songbook. Maybe introduce Games Without Frontiers instead of Darkness for example.

Solsbury Hill is a fixed song as is In Your Eyes; BIKO could also be modified. Another song could be Shock The Monkey (an acoustic version).

This is just an opinion.