PETER GABRIEL | 17 June 2023 BIRMINGHAM - Utiliata Arena (i/o: The Tour) ***SPOILER***

• Official Post

PETER GABRIEL - i/o: The Tour 2023

17/06/2023 BIRMINGHAM - Utiliata Arena

Setlist:

Washing Of The Water

Growing Up

Panopticom

Four Kinds Of Horses

i/o

Digging In The Dirt

Playing For Time

Olive Tree

This Is Home

Sledgehammer

Darkness

Love Can Heal

Road To Joy

Don’t Give Up

The Court

Red Rain

And Still

Big Time

Live And Let Live

Solsbury Hill

In Your Eyes

Biko

All tour dates

Post your show comments, photos etc here.

• The PG website still has this gig down as sold out despite there being plenty of seats left. I've emailed them twice but its their loss. The link does not even take you to the ticket website. This is a pretty abysmal state of affairs!

• Official Post

So, first UK show tonight! Looking forward to your comments and thoughts! Enjoy.

• Official Post

Marina is back!!!!

And they finally have Tour programmes

• Official Post

Here it is

• Official Post

20£, quite thick with lots of info about the visual artists as well.

• A brilliant show. What more can I say and MM back. PG confirmed she'd had Covid. I suppose with the age of some of the band they had to keep her out of the way! There seemed to have been a last minute run on tickets as there were very few empty seats that I could see.

• It would be nice to see these programmes sold on the web for those who couldn't get them on past dates. But I haven't seen anything related to the tour on his site's store

• Birmingham gig had great sound and the visuals were innovative - it was good to hear all the new stuff live with the power of a 9 piece band.

But £40 for t-shirt.......

Edited once, last by Stickman ().

• Birmingham gig had great sound and the visuals were innovative - it was good to hear all the new stuff live with the power of a 9 piece band.

But £40 for t-shirt.......

yes the Merch is ridiculously expensive. I didn’t buy anything. Would have bought the Programme, though. But that wasn’t available so far …

... make tomorrow today!

I had a prime spot on the floor and thought the sound was sub-par. Certainly for a Gabriel gig and I've heard significantly better at arena shows. I've heard reports from others in other parts of the venue that the sound was "awful". I know this is always a risk in this kind of venue but as I say, if others can overcome it, then Gabriel certainly can. Especially when you're paying just shy of £200 for a ticket.

And I so wish mobile devices were banned at gigs. It's one of the reasons my gig-going days are largely behind me. The King Crimson approach seems to work just fine.

• I had a prime spot on the floor and thought the sound was sub-par. Certainly for a Gabriel gig and I've heard significantly better at arena shows. I've heard reports from others in other parts of the venue that the sound was "awful". I know this is always a risk in this kind of venue but as I say, if others can overcome it, then Gabriel certainly can. Especially when you're paying just shy of £200 for a ticket.

And I so wish mobile devices were banned at gigs. It's one of the reasons my gig-going days are largely behind me. The King Crimson approach seems to work just fine.

I was halfway back on the floor towards the left side. The sound was great . I have found the sound if too close to be pretty poor at other gigs although I was fairly close at Genesis and that was fine. My friend was high up on right side and he said that sound was quiet echoey. I guess it's pot luck. There should be better sound dampening at these places.

• I had a prime spot on the floor and thought the sound was sub-par. Certainly for a Gabriel gig and I've heard significantly better at arena shows. I've heard reports from others in other parts of the venue that the sound was "awful". I know this is always a risk in this kind of venue but as I say, if others can overcome it, then Gabriel certainly can. Especially when you're paying just shy of £200 for a ticket.

We were in Block 12, very close to the stage and the sound was excellent. I don't think you can ever get 100% decent sound in these types of arena. We were supposed to be way back in block 9 but 'promoted' ourselves!