9. 07 points - satisfactory - (1) 10%
    10. 06 points - sufficient + (0) 0%
    11. 05 points - sufficient (0) 0%
    12. 04 points - sufficient - (0) 0%
    13. 03 points - poor + (0) 0%
    14. 02 points - poor (0) 0%
    15. 01 point - poor - (0) 0%
    16. 00 points - abysmal (0) 0%

We invite you to share interesting facts and tidbits about this track. Let's look at the track in the context of the band's / the artist's history, at the music, the songwriting and all other aspects that are relevant for this track. Please do stick to the discussion of the track above. Comparisons to other tracks are okay, but remember that the other track you may be keen to talk about has or will have its own Track Of The Week thread. If you spot a mistake or if you can close a gap in the fact sheet above please feel free to contact martinus or Christian about it; we will gladly add and improve!

SOUND OF CONTACT - Not Coming Down
    Year: 2013
    Album: Dimensionaut
    Working title: ?
    Credits: Collins, Kerzner, Siegel
    Lyrics: Yes
    Length: 6:01
    Musicians: Kelly Nordstrom, Dave Kerzner, Matt Dorsey, Simon Collins, Wells Cunningham
    Played Live: 2013
    Cover versions: ?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Notes: Ten years ago, the next generation was finding its way: Simon Collins and his band Sound Of Contact have produced a remarkable work that many also considered among the albums of the year. While mainly prog fans will enjoy the album, the band also succeeds in writing first-class rock songs. Not Coming Down was the first single of the album.
  • That was trippy reading the description under the track 😆

Anyway I find the song ok. I like the loose, spacious feel and the melody is pleasant (that's one or two notches above bland on the scale). It's a little better than workman-like, but not much. 8, although I accidentally hit 10.

• I didn't know this (the only two Simon Collins songs I know are via posts on this forum).

It's OK, in that grey zone of not terrible but not really good either. It's best when it turns slightly harder-edged at the mid-point. Like the other one of his I heard on here, it doesn't need to be the length it is.

The woman in the video has nice eyebrows.

Abandon all reason