new interview for "Foxtrot At Fifty"

• I did a Zoom interview this morning for my radio station (Greatest Hits 98.1 in Eau Claire, WI) to chat about "Foxtrot At Fifty":

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

I did a Zoom interview this morning for my radio station (Greatest Hits 98.1 in Eau Claire, WI) to chat about "Foxtrot At Fifty":

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

thanks for posting, will watch later

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• Steve: "John Lennon said Genesis were the true sons of the Beatles."

There's other instances when Steve would say John Lennon said Genesis were the most interesting new band from England, and similar claims. Not to rain on Steve's parade but it would be interesting to find other sources confirm this. Some youtuber that I can't remember had a video in which he claimed he searched thoroughly but could not make out any sources for these statements of John Lennon's, except Steve himself who has seemingly repeated citing John Lennon from the early 70s onwards. Steve doesn't come across as if he is making things up but he appears to be the only person that can remember John Lennon say these things about Genesis.

• Steve: "John Lennon said Genesis were the true sons of the Beatles."

There's other instances when Steve would say John Lennon said Genesis were the most interesting new band from England, and similar claims. Not to rain on Steve's parade but it would be interesting to find other sources confirm this. Some youtuber that I can't remember had a video in which he claimed he searched thoroughly but could not make out any sources for these statements of John Lennon's, except Steve himself who has seemingly repeated citing John Lennon from the early 70s onwards. Steve doesn't come across as if he is making things up but he appears to be the only person that can remember John Lennon say these things about Genesis.

I'm beginning to think this too. First, I'd see this frequently repeated claim that in a WNEW NY interview Lennon cited SEBTP as his current favourite album. And when I say frequently repeated, I mean by Hackett. I hadn't heard of this supposed "true sons of the Beatles" comment until seeing the above post. Having just looked it up, all the references to it come from SH saying it in interviews in the last couple of years. In one he attributes it to a DJ based in Norfolk in east England who says he has an interview tape of Lennon saying it, describing Genesis and ELO in this way.

It seems unlikely given that every molecule of Beatles-related media material is usually splashed around everywhere. Unless of course anyone knows of this alleged Norfolk interview and is aware of it being accessible somewhere. But even the WNEW interview has been described as debatable. At the moment it seems to me these Lennon attributions are solely in Hackett's head but I hope I'm wrong.

Abandon all reason

• https://thehistoryofrockandrol…-the-beatles-with-guests/

On the internet I see that Nigel Pierce is a Beatles collector so I think Steve's memory is plausible.

Yes he's a collector and wrote a book about Apple. I haven't found anything about the alleged Norfolk interview. But I'm sure there are people with better investigative research skills than I have who can track it down. If it exists.

Abandon all reason