PETER GABRIEL - This Is Home - Track discussion

• Bright-Side is brilliant! Much more groovy, I think in the greater shape I like it better than the Dark-Side.

However, the last bit of the song stands out much more in the Dark-Side, so it's still an even match.

• Yeah this is one of those for me where I really don't have a major preference either way-but if I had to choose I would go with the Bright Side mix on this one, as that mix feels abit richer and fuller overall-in a way that I enjoy.

This means that I now have switched-There are more of these songs now where I prefer the Bright Side mix than the Dark Side. I guess I know which version of the album I'll be getting LOL (if they're separated)

• Am I the only one to be able to spot the male choir only on the Bright Side Mix? On the Dark side mix, even though I know it is there during the first bridge, I really cannot hear it....

• Am I the only one to be able to spot the male choir only on the Bright Side Mix? On the Dark side mix, even though I know it is there during the first bridge, I really cannot hear it....

I haven't listened to it enough yet to discern what type of choirs are in there, but I did notice the Bright Side Mix has more backing vocals for sure...

• I've said it before and I'll say it again, this one really has Lovetown vibes to me! And I love Lovetown, so that's a good thing. ;)

It has a very laid back and open feel to it that's unique in songs these days. It isn't too much of one thing, if you know what I mean by that. Kind of a "something for everyone to enjoy" kind of easy-to-listen to feel.

• Just heard the post band version of "This is home" on bandcamp and I think those clapping elements should have made it to the final mix. They really add something lively to the track.

• Official Post

It's a nice addition to the standard mixes. Not sure if the claps add something special, but it's a nice idea!

• Well, the clapping is in the final mix. - At least if you consider the Bright-Side Mix as one of the final ones.

... indeed it is. The post band mix is just different. The clapping is much more prominent in the mix. I like it as well!