PETER GABRIEL - Live And Let Live - Track discussion

• The only thing that I'm missing from the studio version is Ayanna's "To be brave enough to listen..." that sort of responds to Peter's verses. I'm sure it'll be on the official live version, but I would have loved to hear on the studio version as well.

If you have access to the In-Side mixes, that "To be brave enough to listen" response bit can be heard at around 6:15! Curiously enough, both the Bright-Side and Dark-Side mixes omit this, so I was beyond happy when I listened to the In-Side mix and it was finally there, being one of those small yet larger-than-life moments for me.

Looking at the credits for the song, the singer in question might be Phumla Nkhumeleni (credited with "female ululating and chanting") or Phello Jiyane (credited as choir solo soprano).

• If you have access to the In-Side mixes, that "To be brave enough to listen" response bit can be heard at around 6:15! Curiously enough, both the Bright-Side and Dark-Side mixes omit this, so I was beyond happy when I listened to the In-Side mix and it was finally there, being one of those small yet larger-than-life moments for me.

Looking at the credits for the song, the singer in question might be Phumla Nkhumeleni (credited with "female ululating and chanting") or Phello Jiyane (credited as choir solo soprano).

indeed

A great track - but I think he should have ended that one with a gospel finale and no fade out ....

• Official Post

The Stripped Down Version and the Deep Dive video (20 minutes!) were added to the Bandcamp libraries

• Official Post

Yeah I would've thought that was the working title for Road To Joy-for obvious reasons!

most of us did, I think...