GENESIS - Consistent five tracks

• I personally am baffled as to why they favored Another Record over songs like Paperlate, You Might Recall...even Naminanu for that matter. IMO Another Record has b-side written all over it! And also IMO it was a super weak way to end an album! It just feels like "Oh, hey guys-we forgot about this one!" "Ok just throw it in there real quick, we have some space left."

Um... Yes. You'll see You Might Recall is actually in my own 'five consistent tracks' list while Another Record is not. It's an odd, inconclusive way to end the album, but I kind of like it for that. Not every last track has to be a Los Endos. I like to think if I were in the band in 1981 I also would have made different tracklist choices, but I wasn't and thank God, if I had been I would have botched it and no one would have heard of Genesis! I accept what they did and hey, we have those other songs too now anyway. We have it all.

Who knows, in an alternate universe we're lamenting the presence of Naminanu and wondering why they left Another Record languishing as a b-side.

• Wow ya'll...Not sure what was the big problem with my post there. So I would've preferred another song over Another Record. Don't see the big deal...

I DID mention in multiple places it was just my opinion........?

• Nothing wrong with your post or the replies, that’s what a forum is for. I’ve always liked Another Record but I don’t know why, maybe that little drum fill, but it’s no classic and some of the b sides would certainly give it a good run. But the slightly off-centre choice is partly what makes Abacab a great album, where they were wilfully doing what they wouldn’t usually do.

• Nothing wrong with your post or the replies, that’s what a forum is for. I’ve always liked Another Record but I don’t know why, maybe that little drum fill, but it’s no classic and some of the b sides would certainly give it a good run. But the slightly off-centre choice is partly what makes Abacab a great album, where they were wilfully doing what they wouldn’t usually do.

Fair enough: If they put Another Record at the end in order for it to intentionally feel abrupt, then...mission accomplished I guess LOL! And yes, I suppose in fitting with the feel of the rest of the album.

• "Firth Of Fifth"

"Mama"

"Los Endos"

"Land Of Confusion"

"Carpet Crawlers"

yes, no "Supper's Ready", which is among my favorites, but I rate other tracks higher. "Land Of Confusion" might be an odd choice but I think this track brought many new fans into diving deep into the history of the band and besides, it's a f**** awesome rock song.

Other tracks would be "The Dividing Line", "Watcher Of The Skies", The Musical Box", "Afterglow" and "Fading Lights"

... good things come to those who wait

• LOC is not an odd choice at all. See my post on page 1.