Steve Hackett - Darktown - album thread (25th anniversary)

• Your favorite tracks on "Darktown" - pick three 10

1. Twice Around the Sun (9) 90%
    2. In Memoriam (7) 70%
    3. Darktown (3) 30%
    4. Jane Austen's Door (3) 30%
    5. The Golden Age of Steam (2) 20%
    6. Rise Again (2) 20%
    7. Omega Metallicus (1) 10%
    8. Man Overboard (1) 10%
    9. Days of Long Ago (1) 10%
    10. Dreaming with Open Eyes (1) 10%
    11. Darktown Riot (0) 0%

Steve Hackett's album Darktown was released 25 years ago today.

This is our review:

Genesis News Com [it]: Steve Hackett - Darktown - CD review (genesis-news.com)

Do you have the album? What are your favorite tracks?

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• Twice around the sun (by a huge margin!), Jane Austin's door, and In memoriam. After voting, I see whoever else beat me to it voted for the same 3 tracks!

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• 1. The Golden Age of Steam -- Some people may not like this (I've even heard someone say it "should have been left on the cutting room floor"), but it's my clear favorite on the album. An unexpected style with a wonderful sense of suspense throughout.

2. Twice Around the Sun

3. Dreaming with Open Eyes

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain. And most do."

-- Dale Carnegie

• 1. The Golden Age of Steam -- Some people may not like this (I've even heard someone say it "should have been left on the cutting room floor"), but it's my clear favorite on the album. An unexpected style with a wonderful sense of suspense throughout.

2. Twice Around the Sun

3. Dreaming with Open Eyes

I mulled over "Steam" for a few seconds, only just missed my top 3. This is exactly the sort of left field thing that made Steve's stuff stand out. Oh, if only those days were back............

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!