Artist's name OR title on cover

• Some versions of The Band's Music From Big Pink have no band name or album title on the front cover - the back cover has the album title.

Bob Dylan's Self Portrait has no artist or album title on the front cover - can't remember about the back.

U2's Achtung Baby has nothing on the front cover, but does have artist and album title on the back cover.

• U2's Achtung Baby has nothing on the front cover, but does have artist and album title on the back cover.

Don't their "Songs of..." albums similarly do that?

Also, I'm sure their No Line album had just the 'horizon' graphic but the band and title on a clear sticker.

Abandon all reason

• Don't their "Songs of..." albums similarly do that?

Also, I'm sure their No Line album had just the 'horizon' graphic but the band and title on a clear sticker.

You are correct. I don't have hard copies of those albums, so the images didn't come to my mind.

• Many albums has no name of the album and the artist in the cover.

- True Blue of Madonna. The album has no title in the cover, only the face of Madonna.

- The Velvet Rope of Janet Jackson. Same thing to True Blue.

• Peter Gabriel

1, 2, 3, 4, or . Car, Scratch Melt, Security. Do they actually have official titles?

Yes, they're all officially called Peter Gabriel, though I think the US release of 4 might have officially been called Security. Those words are terms to help identify which album is being referred to. I tend to go with the numbers rather than the words.

It's like The White Album, I suppose.

Abandon all reason

• Yes, they're all officially called Peter Gabriel, though I think the US release of 4 might have officially been called Security. Those words are terms to help identify which album is being referred to. I tend to go with the numbers rather than the words.

It's like The White Album, I suppose.

Yes that's what I mean . No actual official title to identify them . I always thought the names were nicknames but was unsure if the numbers were simply not present as Led Zep 4 or if they had no title other than Peter Gabriel.