New to me - "new" bands and music

• Today, I discovered Jimmy Webb, who was quoted by Steve Hackett as an influence for Blood on the Rooftops.

Outstanding songwriter, 3 best songs for me Wichita Lineman as performed by Glen Campbell, MacArthur Park as performed by Justin Hayward, and best of all, Still within the sound of my voice by Linda Rondstadt.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Outstanding songwriter, 3 best songs for me Wichita Lineman as performed by Glen Campbell, MacArthur Park as performed by Justin Hayward, and best of all, Still within the sound of my voice by Linda Rondstadt.

If These Walls Could Speak as performed by Amy Grant is well worth checking out too.

• Just heard this on the radio and I like it a lot, The Beat by EERA. Not heard of her before, she's had one album out and a new one due in December. Also on tour. I shall investigate.

I like that, it has witchhaus vibes. It reminds me a lot of Austra but more rock than dance, and also reminds me of 2.54 but a bit more dancey.

• I like that, it has witchhaus vibes. It reminds me a lot of Austra but more rock than dance, and also reminds me of 2.54 but a bit more dancey.

I don't think I know any of those references so will have to investigate those too. (Ditto your list in the 'other favourite bands' thread, by the way).

Abandon all reason

• Just heard this on the radio and I like it a lot, The Beat by EERA. Not heard of her before, she's had one album out and a new one due in December. Also on tour. I shall investigate.

Funny/disturbing story about my cognitive state. I came across 'The Beat' by EERA in a playlist on my phone and had no memory of discovering the track. I thought it was great and came here to report this "new to me" track... Which I discovered here. (Edit: like a week or two ago I discovered it here).

I think Borges had a story like this called 'the circular ruins' or something.

As atonement enjoy this track I find very odd somehow but enjoy a lot:

External Content music.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Good story but the video is unavailable which is irksome as "odd" intrigues me and I want to hear it. What's the artist and title?

EDIT - looked it up, Dark Star, Polica. I'll investigate.

Abandon all reason

• This stretching "new to me" a bit - this year I've heard for the first time (to my mind) stuff by Charlotte Gainsbourg. I especially like Such A Remarkable Day and have been investigating a few others. All good so far.

thewatcher I know you mentioned her before, and on the subject of your picks - per above, I checked out the Polica track you flagged and quite like it.

I liked Charlotte Gainsbourg's album Rest, listened to it a ton when it came out. I think I heard the lead track Ring a ring o roses in the Netflix show Hanna and went from there.

Glad you liked the Polica song. There's something disconcerting and a little alien about it that I quite like.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Love, love, love this weird track that's definitely new to me. Discovered on the third season of Hanna. The full song is over 6 minutes but the video is good too. Hope it plays for other posters.