Which five bands?

• Which five bands or artists have you been listening to the most during the last month?

The Flower Kings

Grobschnitt

Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young and associated acts

Marillion

The Electric Light Orchestra

First we learned to walk on water.

Then we tried something harder.

- Red Seven -

• As this is the 2nd of May, far too early.

The top 5 includes

Grobschnitt

Fabric of Reality Project

Lucianio Basso

La Dottrina Degli Opposti

Alan Simon

Others with just as many plays are

Horslips

A Silent Compass

Marco Antonio Araujo

Bootcut

Riversea

Anyones Daughter

Lethe

• Depeche Mode

Placebo

Aeon Sable

Oblivion Dust

Blur

::

27.03.2015 - Steve Hackett "Wolflight" Album Launch | Dortmund, Blue Notez Club

18.05.2015 - Mike + The Mechanics | Köln, E-Werk

15.09.2015 - Steve Hackett | Köln, E-Werk

30.09.2016 - Mike + The Mechanics | Köln, Gloria Theater

12.06.2017 - Phil Collins | Köln, LANXESS arena

13.10.2017 - Ray Wilson | Leverkusen, Scala Club

• Grateful Dead

Springsteen

Genesis

My Morning Jacket

Tom Petty

Depeche Mode

Placebo

Aeon Sable

Oblivion Dust

Blur

You two collectively mentioned three of my favorite bands (which I highlighted).

My Morning Jacket should be a more followed band. They are really good.

Depeche Mode I am seeing again live in about a month.

Blur and Suede were my favorite Britpop bands from the 90s.

(...and Placebo will always be appreciated, if not only for "Pure Morning" 8) )

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...

• That's great! I hope you will have a good time at the DM concert. :)

I never heard of My Morning Jacket. I'm gonna take a listen. :)

::

27.03.2015 - Steve Hackett "Wolflight" Album Launch | Dortmund, Blue Notez Club

18.05.2015 - Mike + The Mechanics | Köln, E-Werk

15.09.2015 - Steve Hackett | Köln, E-Werk

30.09.2016 - Mike + The Mechanics | Köln, Gloria Theater

12.06.2017 - Phil Collins | Köln, LANXESS arena

13.10.2017 - Ray Wilson | Leverkusen, Scala Club

See if you can find their live CD/DVD called Okonokos, or search that on YouTube. It's several years back but is a great place to start and see if you like them. If you do, then work your way through their studio albums.

If I had to describe them I'd say they're a cross between the Allman Brothers and Neil Young with a bit of Pink Floyd mixed in. :thumbup:They're a GREAT Rock and Roll band and absolutely fantastic live. Unfortunately they're taking this year off from touring but we do expect a new album plus another official Live album sometime this year.

Yes! I can't wait to see them again. Their last tour was phenomenal - I've been fortunate enough to see them on every tour from "Songs of Faith and Devotion" onward (excepting "Tour of the Universe" because I didn't really like the "Songs of the Universe" album, and Dave Gahan was really having health problems back then...).

See if you can find their live CD/DVD called Okonokos, or search that on YouTube. It's several years back but is a great place to start and see if you like them. If you do, then work your way through their studio albums.

If I had to describe them I'd say they're a cross between the Allman Brothers and Neil Young with a bit of Pink Floyd mixed in. :thumbup:They're a GREAT Rock and Roll band and absolutely fantastic live. Unfortunately they're taking this year off from touring but we do expect a new album plus another official Live album sometime this year.

I completely concur with this. They are a bit progressive mixed with the 'classic rock' sound of the Allmans and Neil.

In fact, it was a couple of posters from the old Genesis-Music.com site that turned me on to them - so, Laura and Henry (I should say "HENRY"), thank you, wherever you are... ^^

• Yes! I can't wait to see them again. Their last tour was phenomenal - I've been fortunate enough to see them on every tour from "Songs of Faith and Devotion" onward (excepting "Tour of the Universe" because I didn't really like the "Songs of the Universe" album, and Dave Gahan was really having health problems back then...).

I completely concur with this. They are a bit progressive mixed with the 'classic rock' sound of the Allmans and Neil.

In fact, it was a couple of posters from the old Genesis-Music.com site that turned me on to them - so, Laura and Henry (I should say "HENRY"), thank you, wherever you are... ^^

Haha. That's too funny OFTV! One of my good friends and Laura are the ones who turned me on to them about ten years ago. They both have great taste in music so I knew I had to check them out.

Laura and I have been fortunate to see them many times together, and Henry joined us at least one show as well. 👍🏻 One of the really cool things they do on tour is if they're doing a multi night stand anywhere, whether it's two nights or five, they don't repeat any songs.

Needless to say those are the shows I target and try and get to as many a tour as I can. They have a really good fan forum too and I've been real lucky to meet some great people along the way from all over thanks to the forum. When a tour is announced a bunch of us target a multi night run and we try and get together in a different city each tour. We've done San Francisco, Chicago, NYC, among others and they play Red Rocks Amphitheater in Colorado most tours so that's a must do for us as well.

Good to know there's another Jacket fan here and when I hear any news I'll be sure to keep you posted.

• Well, we're successfully hijacking this thread! ^^

Thank you - I appreciate it! I have yet to see them live. I know they're playing Bonnaroo this year, but nothing else. It would be fun to see the old Genesis-Music.com crew again. Did you go to the occasional get-togethers that the old site used to have? We may have crossed paths before, if so...

• Well, we're successfully hijacking this thread! ^^

Thank you - I appreciate it! I have yet to see them live. I know they're playing Bonnaroo this year, but nothing else. It would be fun to see the old Genesis-Music.com crew again. Did you go to the occasional get-togethers that the old site used to have? We may have crossed paths before, if so...

No doubt we've hijacked it but when there is some Jacket news I'll just start a MMJ thread like we had on Krissy's forum.

As for the old crew get togethers, I only went to the tailgate/pre show get togethers during the 07 Tour. I met a lot of the crew in Philly, and then again at the Giants Stadium show as well as the nice get together in NYC before the Madison Square Garden show. I met some great people at those thanks to the old forum. 👍🏻

Other than that, I've gone to Laura's yearly G party every year except this past one, and always good to see so everyone there year after year. Bummed to have missed this past one but work got in the way.

• No doubt we've hijacked it but when there is some Jacket news I'll just start a MMJ thread like we had on Krissy's forum.

As for the old crew get togethers, I only went to the tailgate/pre show get togethers during the 07 Tour. I met a lot of the crew in Philly, and then again at the Giants Stadium show as well as the nice get together in NYC before the Madison Square Garden show. I met some great people at those thanks to the old forum. 👍🏻

Other than that, I've gone to Laura's yearly G party every year except this past one, and always good to see so everyone there year after year. Bummed to have missed this past one but work got in the way.

I missed the tailgates in '07, but I did attend the first annual (it became annual?) G party back in Sept. '08. I also saw all three Philly shows and the MSG show - I'm still kicking myself for not going to the Giants Stadium show. I always thought they'd figure out a way to do it one more time...

Yes, I'll let you start the MMJ thread here too! ^^

OK, people, all of you need to be contributing your five bands, or Eric and I might keep talking on thread! :D